Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

STM's Number Ten (2011 WW SSL)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2011, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Shawna, are you still running on the stock clutch? Interested to see how its holding up to 350wtq and some drag racing? Thanks

Also how are you liking your Star Specs? What is the wear like with them, since I know you drive a ton. My current RS3s are great and all, being grip monsters, but the sidewall is a tad mushy for the X's fat self, and have been howling like hell the last 2k miles. Plus they just wear to fast for a street tire, looking for some better longevity.

Thanks

Last edited by HAHAV8; Nov 20, 2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HAHAV8
Hey Shawna, are you still running on the stock clutch? Interested to see how its holding up to 350wtq and some drag racing? Thanks

Also how are you liking your Star Specs? What is the wear like with them, since I know you drive a ton. My current RS3s are great and all, being grip monsters, but the sidewall is a tad mushy for the X's fat self, and have been howling like hell the last 2k miles. Plus they just wear to fast for a street tire, looking for some better longevity.

Thanks
The stock clutch was doing just fine. It's a little smelly on hard slipped launches and it's not going to lat through much more racing but daily driving... Wouldn't be surprised if it makes it to 60k.

The star specs are my favorite tire I've ever driven on. I didn't get to experience them in the snow, but rain was absolutely no problem. There is 22k on the car and I'll have to look up how long they have been on but the car was on the lift the other day and they look mint! Even wear. I'm very happy with them.

However... The X is sold. It's happened. She's gone to a great home in Virginia with An owner who will take great care of her... Not to mention roads without salt as well!

I will miss the X. It definitely opened my eyes to finally appreciate it. I hated it at first and it took a while, but I eventually fell in love. It was my favorite daily driver car by far. So clean and such fun on the streets. She will be missed but we learned the car, gained some new friends and it's time to move on.

The salt is on the ground here in NY so it's winter build time. I can't tell you how happy I will be to have my old evo back... Better than ever

Another thread, another day.

Bye bye 4B11
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
wow sold already??

gald to hear you had fun with it and that your getting back into your old evo
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4g63girl
The stock clutch was doing just fine. It's a little smelly on hard slipped launches and it's not going to lat through much more racing but daily driving... Wouldn't be surprised if it makes it to 60k.

The star specs are my favorite tire I've ever driven on. I didn't get to experience them in the snow, but rain was absolutely no problem. There is 22k on the car and I'll have to look up how long they have been on but the car was on the lift the other day and they look mint! Even wear. I'm very happy with them.

However... The X is sold. It's happened. She's gone to a great home in Virginia with An owner who will take great care of her... Not to mention roads without salt as well!

I will miss the X. It definitely opened my eyes to finally appreciate it. I hated it at first and it took a while, but I eventually fell in love. It was my favorite daily driver car by far. So clean and such fun on the streets. She will be missed but we learned the car, gained some new friends and it's time to move on.

The salt is on the ground here in NY so it's winter build time. I can't tell you how happy I will be to have my old evo back... Better than ever

Another thread, another day.

Bye bye 4B11

Cool thanks for the writeup Shawna, can't wait to check out the new shop come spring!

You guys are turning Ricer into a full street car now? Is that going to be replacing the X? What are you gonna be building up next???
Old Nov 20, 2011, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can you post a link to the new build thread here?
Old Nov 20, 2011, 05:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, I'll post links to the new projects. The thought of someone else owning ricer makes me... unhappy, to say the least, so I am ecstatic that it's staying with us. I still have so much purple stuff. I can't wait.

We also acquired a 2005 RS with 20k on it. Really clean, white, evo IX SE interior, JDM HID headlights... It's got a ton of parts under the hood which we will systematically part out and put to a clean stock-ish appearance.

And as for the new race car... Back to our roots. DSM time.

Stay tuned!
Old Nov 21, 2011, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

cant wait to see the STM winter projects...
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:02 PM

Surprised you guys sold the X!

I have just relocated to the area (Canadice/ Honeoye) and stumbled across STM. I currently own an 08 PB X GSR. Glad to see DSM's are alive and well, I moved from NYC and barely see any anymore. Miss my old 91 TSi..

Also VERY relieved to find a shop very close to me. Def be in touch soon as i get some goodies and I'm ready for a tune..Basically Stock running Cobb Ap..

Cant wait to check out the shop..gotta stop by one day and pick up a few things..peace

Chris
Old Dec 5, 2011, 02:01 AM

looks good
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

well this was sort of a waste. I had subscribed to this thread because another respectable shop picked up an X and I thought they'd develop it.
Instead you didnt do much to it beyond what average owners did, then pretty much decided it was too different or not good enough for whatever you were going to use it for and got rid of it to go back to older models.
The 4B11 i still in its infancy compared to the 20+ year old 4g63, we need more parts development and repeatable builds for reliable power. Good luck with your new builds but I am disappointed!