Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

STM's Number Ten (2011 WW SSL)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2011, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4g63girl
Thanks!! I love the heated seats! It has to be really warm for me to shut them off. Still learning this car, but I took it to work last night and the high beams light up the WORLD! Even more so than the VIII. They're crazy! It's all these dark twisty woodsy back roads.

Tell you what though, this car is insane on the expressway. I feel like I'm in a video game. People need to GTFO or I'm going around them... I might get in trouble in this car.

I was just stalking your post on your new car. The stance looks great!
You really do miss the stock turbo on these cars!!! That's your inner child yearning for a CBRD BBX-lite.

-Jalal
Old Feb 21, 2011, 02:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbo1918
builds coming along good. i havent read every post but when are the major mods coming?
The next step is suspension. I'm not sure what we are going with just yet. My black VIII is getting sold, so this is about to become my new dd... so it's going to get a lot of miles.

I feel like a traitor, but the X is really nice. VIII-IX is still my favorite until further convincing can be accomplished.

Lets go play in the snow.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow this is exactly how I would order it. Could you pm me what you paid for it? I did a true market value on a new one and apparently they're selling for pretty much invoice price, just wanted to see if there was any truth to this.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 01:11 AM
Evolved Member

Seems like more and more people are coming around to the X...obviously the 8/9 is still the more raw and lighter beast. But the X has so much more all around awesomeness.

Great looking car, very jealous of the seats and better center display! Looks hot.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

man thats sexy!
Old Feb 24, 2011, 08:59 PM

subd
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:22 AM
Evolving Member

So fresh, so clean
Old Feb 26, 2011, 12:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Subscribed.

I'm interested in seeing what you guys do with this car. I didn't want a X before because they didn't have the SSL but now that they do, I may have to sell my WW SSL and buy one of these. I didn't like the Xs at first but now they are growing on me. I too, came over from DSMs many years ago after selling my white 2G. I didn't like the Evo 8s at all at first but they grew on me and became one of my favorite cars so I had to buy one. It's like the same thing is happening with these Xs to me, especially after reading what you had to say about it in comparison to your 8.

Thanks for keeping us updated!
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kpt6
Subscribed.

I'm interested in seeing what you guys do with this car. I didn't want a X before because they didn't have the SSL but now that they do, I may have to sell my WW SSL and buy one of these. I didn't like the Xs at first but now they are growing on me. I too, came over from DSMs many years ago after selling my white 2G. I didn't like the Evo 8s at all at first but they grew on me and became one of my favorite cars so I had to buy one. It's like the same thing is happening with these Xs to me, especially after reading what you had to say about it in comparison to your 8.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Well im on my way to the adirondacks in it now so I'll have 500 of just me and the car to get acquainted. So far so good. I figured out how the interior lights dimmer works so now I can see the clock with the headlights on! But I still don't know how to switch between cd's so I just took the other one out!

But so far so good. It's definitely a highway car. It's been fun.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

just plug in a ipod in the glove box
Old Feb 27, 2011, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by 4g63girl
Well im on my way to the adirondacks in it now so I'll have 500 of just me and the car to get acquainted. So far so good. I figured out how the interior lights dimmer works so now I can see the clock with the headlights on! But I still don't know how to switch between cd's so I just took the other one out!

But so far so good. It's definitely a highway car. It's been fun.
to switch between cds' just push the buttons on the radio that have an arrow on them. the up arrow is the next cd and the down arrow is the previous cd. hope that helps.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The X is looking great! Sadf to hear about your 8 though, Shawna.

I was wanting a X too, but as I look through the forums, I dont see a X yet, that I look at, and say, I wouldnt **** with that!

Exactly as said before. The 8+9 are more raw, race car like. The X is the better daily driver by far with performance.

I just have to talk, my soon to be fiance, into getting a X. Only if the MR's werent so much still.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 09:02 AM

Great to see STM continue to grow!
Does this car have the paddle shifters on the steering wheel?
Also have you gotten it on the scales yet? Interested to know what these wight compared to a 8 or 9!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

My 08 mR weights in at 3568 without me
Old Mar 1, 2011, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Wow really getting rid of your Evo

Quick Reply: STM's Number Ten (2011 WW SSL)