Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

STM's Number Ten (2011 WW SSL)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 07:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I tried the up/down on the cd but nothing happened. I'll play with it some more later. We haven't had it on the scales yet, just been driving it. Emery wants to tune it soon though.

So it's starting to really feel like a car now that it's all dirty and has over 1000 miles on it. I feel like a grown up spoiled brat in it... I used to get those looks driving the 350z and I'm not comfortable with that. Most people don't know what an evo is but this car definitely looks brand new and expensive. Driving a dsm or even viii you can slide under the radar but not this. It was on Top Gear racing down a mountain!

Aside from that my trip to the adirondacks was really enjoyable. I could compare and contrast the viii to x all day but my viii isn't exactly a stock evo. This car has all the gadgets and is a serious pleasure to drive. I can go by cops at 5 grand and they don't think twice. It's a highway machine! Loves to accelerate above 70... Not that I did.

The cabin stays warmer than the viii. I had to pull off my jacket and crack the sunroof. It's really a very impressive stock car and almost a shame to modify it... Almost. The x is definitely more grown up. I wish it had a 6th gear though. I don't know if the paddle shifters offer a higher gearing but I have the feeling with an exhaust on this car it will be roaring at 80 mph.

The continental tires on the car were fantastic! Snow ice rain, especiallly the rain, they gave me no problems. Coming from the Azenis on the viii these were a great reprieve from the white knuckled rainy drive home I was used to. Definitely 2 thumbs up for a alll season aggressive tire.

I didnt get too many new pictures though, sorry. I have one from my old high school (k-12) which was condemned about 4 years after I graduated due to asbestos. Nice. But it's quite the contrast looking at the place I spent 12 years of my life all falling apart with a brand new evo in front. This summer I'd like to explore the place more with my good camera.

Sorry for the long post. I've been slacking on updates.

Oh... Cruise control is pretty cool too.

-Shawna
Old Mar 2, 2011, 07:28 PM
Former Sponsor

And yes the black viii will be gone soon. It will be missed. That car was amazing but not the car to keep forever. I do like the x but someday a black ix will be calling my name. The last 4g63.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 11:02 AM
Former Sponsor

The windows in the middle are all broken out, the doors are all broken and from what I hear the gymnasium floors are all warped. I would very much like to go in and take pictures but I also hear there are a lot of feral cats living in there. I'm a cat lover, but I'm also not dumb enough to approach a feral cat. They are nobody's friend.

I'll have to suit up in full gear and a motorcycle helmet and venture in someday I guess the stairways are crumbling, too. I painted a mural on the third floor just beyond that top window of a wizard (Elminster if anyone cares) because he looked like my science teacher... who used to smoke his pipe right outside that very window, cracked open just as it is.

Ah, the good old days.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think the cats will let you get close enough to attack you.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Turboshrek
I don't think the cats will let you get close enough to attack you.

That's what I'm thinking but I don't know what else is lurking in there.

So I've become friends with the x. As much as I don't want to admit anything could be greater than the viii-ix, this car out-handles it any day. I don't even care how blasphemous it sounds, I 100% believe this with all my heart. This car is effortless going around corners.

I'm not saying it's faster but it's a great car. Every car has a personality and I believe last night this car accepted me. Strange. I've been in cars that don't like me... And I didn't like them right back.

Anyhow, it should be on the dyno tonight for a tune. I'll get the chart up tomorrow.

Last edited by 4g63girl; Mar 4, 2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 12:51 PM

cant wait to see what STM has in store for the X.

On a side note, I'd like to thank STM for their speedy order processing. I received my Nokya hyper yellows a lot sooner than expected! plus seeing the xmas wrapping paper in lieu of packing-peanuts was a nice surprise! *2 thumbs up
Old Mar 4, 2011, 08:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jooks67
cant wait to see what STM has in store for the X.

On a side note, I'd like to thank STM for their speedy order processing. I received my Nokya hyper yellows a lot sooner than expected! plus seeing the xmas wrapping paper in lieu of packing-peanuts was a nice surprise! *2 thumbs up
Thanks!!

So Emery just pulled it off the dyno. First mod, black Hallman Pro and Tune.

Picked up 47 TQ and 57 HP!

Stock: 237 HP 256 TQ
Tune: 294 HP 303 TQ

I'll let you know how she feels on the street this weekend!
Old Mar 4, 2011, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice! What boost?

Shawna, you're making me want a WW X SL!

-Jalal
Old Mar 4, 2011, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Shauna, be one with the car then the car will treat you the same way :P

Tune numbers are very nice!
Old Mar 5, 2011, 07:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MJ23FE
Very nice! What boost?

Shawna, you're making me want a WW X SL!

-Jalal
25 pounds.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 08:42 AM

Whats next, exhaust?
Old Mar 5, 2011, 10:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Turboshrek
Whats next, exhaust?
Suspension.

I kinda like the stock exhaust. I don't want to have to worry about cops everywhere we go. That's getting old.

I would like to be able to hear the turbo more, but I know it's on the backside of the motor. We might see what STM can do about that.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4g63girl
Suspension.

I kinda like the stock exhaust. I don't want to have to worry about cops everywhere we go. That's getting old.

I would like to be able to hear the turbo more, but I know it's on the backside of the motor. We might see what STM can do about that.

GTWorx Tarmac Springs or AST 4100 Series Coil-overs
Perrin PSRS
Whiteline Bump Steer Kit

To give the turbo some more sound just have the boys put together a nice SRI. That'll add some nice Tarbo pssshhhhh.
Or better yet... get a K-series-esque sidewinder turbo manifold!

Do it!

-Jalal

Last edited by MJ23FE; Mar 5, 2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 01:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Not going to say it's out of the question.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
What are you guys doing driving it in the snow?!?! ahhhhh! I saw the boost controller results on facebook, very nice!

Quick Reply: STM's Number Ten (2011 WW SSL)