Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Midnight Fabrication prototype light bar & skidplate!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2011, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear what you're saying, but I really don't know how the gymkahna video relates to this.

The whole idea behind it was that I had already experienced a high speed crash into a snow bank at an ice rally, completely emptying the running motor of oil, and destroying all of the plastic underbody/bumper cover as a result. This will protect against that failure in the future. So YES... I WILL drive this beautiful car somewhere this is needed! And NO... Old reliable jeep isn't going to do crap for me. I'm not rock crawling here .

The plate thickness IS a bit overkill for snow alone, but if you saw the original damage, you'd understand. Also if you look at gravel/off road rallies/rallycross by people who aren't sponsored, you'll see similar forms of vehicle protection.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigjay10
Not my cup of tea. But to each his own. I mean what is it for? Why would you drive that beautiful car somewhere where that is needed. Should have just bought an old reliable Jeep. I mean you wouldnt put that on a 'vette or Mustang or anything similar to Lancer. I just dont get it. Unless you did it just for the hell of it cause noone else has. I dont even see Rally Evo's with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnT5B...layer_embedded
since when did gymkhana and rally meant the same thing, you're right though one wouldn't put a skidplate and lights on vette, mustang or a base lancer! WHY bec. they are not rally spec cars. Skidplate is a safe thing to add when you're driving on gravel and don't want debris flying and damaging your car. What about this X, would you call the mods on it useless?

http://blog.amsperformance.com/2009/...-championship/

Last edited by boostedsi_s2k; Mar 16, 2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tractionlimit
Not sure in total. Too much, as usual. I guess it's of those things where if you have to ask, it's not for you
Well, I was merely asking as for how it would compare with the bar Rally Innovations makes.

As for "If I have to ask, it's not for you"... You are talking to the wrong guy when it comes to wanting something custom for my car. Kind of sounds insulting if you ask me.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ICEMAN99TURBO
Well, I was merely asking as for how it would compare with the bar Rally Innovations makes.

As for "If I have to ask, it's not for you"... You are talking to the wrong guy when it comes to wanting something custom for my car. Kind of sounds insulting if you ask me.
No offense intended, obviously. Can't post pricing here. The RI lightbar is not comparable in any way. I've owned and promptly returned that. Pm me if you need more info.

Last edited by Tractionlimit; Mar 16, 2011 at 07:46 PM.