Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

I think BOV's sound cool!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2011, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
There's a reason for it. It's because VTA BOVs can make our cars run like crap. Installing one to sound fast, while the car actually runs worse, is the epitome of rice.
You could not be more wrong if you think that a VTA will make a X run worse!
Old Oct 22, 2011, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evod350z
Well somehow in the evo community, loud and obnoxious bov is frowned upon.
ironically it is the noisy minority that are the people who are doing the frowning!
Old Oct 22, 2011, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love my tial QR, it is super fast acting and has a really nice sound to it!
Old Oct 22, 2011, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MDH-005
Any more proof than just arbitrarily calling him out?
Old Oct 22, 2011, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

I LOVE RICE... Daily part of my nutrients... once i start modding, it's going to be exhaust, intake, pipings and BOV

i'd go with HKS SSQV

Last edited by m0nkie; Oct 22, 2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SRTRaceR04
Negative. It's not. It means you are no different than the SRT4 crowd that insists on driving next to me and getting into the throttle just loud enough for everyone to hear it over and over again. They either have really bad throttle control or they think chicks are getting moist over their constant annoying chirps....they aren't! No one is impressed by a loud BOV except ricers and maybe people who haven't owned a turbo car before. You're annoying the rest of the planet with your noise. If you want adoration for a VTA BOV, then www.srtforums.com is probably where you want to be.

Good BOV that happens to be loud= OK
Buying loud BOV on purpose regardless of performance= Rice

ob·nox·ious Pronunciation:/əbˈnäkSHəs/ : archaic : 1. exposed to something unpleasant or harmful —used with to

2. : odiously or disgustingly objectionable : highly offensive

3. adjective

extremely unpleasant.

Sorry, even Websters and Oxford think loud BOV's are dumb.
I never said I bought one just for the noise did i? I have a Tial BOV which sounds great being recirculated. I dont drive around building boost just to hear. I just said it sounds good period. Is that ok or am I still like an srt4 owner?
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:32 AM

i like it...its lets the other cars know that they are about to get smoked!!!
Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

LINK?! I have NEVER seen that a bov setup VTA on a maf enabled car running better or even the same.

Back in the day the BOV sound was cool on cars that weren't originally setup with turbo. But on evos, stis, srt4s, it's just plain stupid and obnoxious. We know your car is turbo'd, you don't have to be an attention ***** to prove it.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by THE8UH8
I never said I bought one just for the noise did i? I have a Tial BOV which sounds great being recirculated. I dont drive around building boost just to hear. I just said it sounds good period. Is that ok or am I still like an srt4 owner?
Actually, my apologies. I went back and re-read your post. You did clearly state "recirculated", so that's my fault for missing that part and assuming you were going with the VTA flow of this thread. You are correct to enjoy the sound of a recirculated BOV. At the same time, 2 of my Evos have recirculated BOV's and I HATE that I can't keep it from sounding off. With the 35R car it's not so bad because of the lag, but the 9 spools up so fast it sounds off all the time. I have to purposely drive the car without getting into boost (which is tough) just so I don't have to hear it all the time. I thought recirc would be quieter than they are.

I still stand behind my statement that "loud and obnoxious" is most certainly rice. Every thread on other car forums that's started with a "I want a loud BOV" or something similar turns into a rice bash-fest. There is a reason for this because the average person (it doesn't sound like you in this case) who first gets a turbo car wants to show off that it's turbo or whatever. Driving through traffic and getting on it just hard enough so that the BOV sounds off at full volume is f*cking annoying. It's mostly SRT4's that do this, but I've caught a few local Evo guys doing it as well.

If you put the BOV on for performance and it just happens to be loud, then I see no fault with that. Just don't drive like a tool and everything is good. I've heard nothing but good things about the Tial BOV. I would have one myself, but I haven't had any issues yet with the Forge that I have in 2 of my cars.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SRTRaceR04
Actually, my apologies. I went back and re-read your post. You did clearly state "recirculated", so that's my fault for missing that part and assuming you were going with the VTA flow of this thread. You are correct to enjoy the sound of a recirculated BOV. At the same time, 2 of my Evos have recirculated BOV's and I HATE that I can't keep it from sounding off. With the 35R car it's not so bad because of the lag, but the 9 spools up so fast it sounds off all the time. I have to purposely drive the car without getting into boost (which is tough) just so I don't have to hear it all the time. I thought recirc would be quieter than they are.

I still stand behind my statement that "loud and obnoxious" is most certainly rice. Every thread on other car forums that's started with a "I want a loud BOV" or something similar turns into a rice bash-fest. There is a reason for this because the average person (it doesn't sound like you in this case) who first gets a turbo car wants to show off that it's turbo or whatever. Driving through traffic and getting on it just hard enough so that the BOV sounds off at full volume is f*cking annoying. It's mostly SRT4's that do this, but I've caught a few local Evo guys doing it as well.

If you put the BOV on for performance and it just happens to be loud, then I see no fault with that. Just don't drive like a tool and everything is good. I've heard nothing but good things about the Tial BOV. I would have one myself, but I haven't had any issues yet with the Forge that I have in 2 of my cars.
Glad we are on the same page
Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoforstevo
Any more proof than just arbitrarily calling him out?
to be fair, he is arbitrarily making the claim ...... which is completely unsubstantiated.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostless
LINK?! I have NEVER seen that a bov setup VTA on a maf enabled car running better or even the same.
Tell me what you want to see and I will post it...... any data you want
Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:34 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
to be fair, he is arbitrarily making the claim ...... which is completely unsubstantiated.
Why, of course! Nothing has been researched and tested throughout the life of this platform. You win.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF
Why, of course! Nothing has been researched and tested throughout the life of this platform. You win.
Cool, I'm glad I could help. I've got to say, its a pretty good product.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:52 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool, I'm glad I could help. I've got to say, its a pretty good product.
It's a great product. All you have to do is add an aftermarket ECU where there's no need for one, spend eons tuning, and you have just bought yourself a whistling sound for only ~$5,000. Then, you start a thread, "I think BOV's (sic) sound cool," just so you could tell us all how you know something we don't, because no one in his right mind would go to so much trouble for a chirp. Brilliant. You win again.

Last edited by FJF; Oct 23, 2011 at 09:59 AM.

Quick Reply: I think BOV's sound cool!