Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

I think BOV's sound cool!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think they sound cool too, anything not stock = win... Personally i like the Greddy Type RZ recirced. Will be getting that soon.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by MDH-005
I actually put the F-Con in about 30,000km after the BOV, it is possible (although I don't know the details) to run a VTA setup on the stock ECU (well the non-USDM one anyway).

I only changed to the F-Con and Valcon when we wanted to maximize the potential of the stock turbo, and get ready for more extreme upgrades. It was a case of forward planning The F-Con gave us a lot more torque and improved the power profile, but we had to build a base map from scratch which was a lot of work, even with the help of HKS. Currently we are working on better integration between the EVC and the F-Con.

One thing we did learn from the F-Con was that if you exceed 1.1G in a long sweeping corner, you will starve the engine of fuel. The stock ECU does not detect this. Thats why the car is shooting flames in the video, the F-Con noticed the fuel pressure drop and cut the ignition. That's why I have the surge tank now. So in that respect, the F-Con was money well spent!
the guy you answered , honestly has no idea...
but he has a strong opinion as usually happens with these type of people. Its like if you dont know what you are talking about , then put it out there as a fact , then they hopefully will think; you are actually know it ... LOL

anyway the aftermarket ecu's has they place and use , that is why they can sell and not even cheap. They are not like a big wing, everyone see you spend a money , and cost a lot more then some people put in the engine to upgrade...

press on

Rob

Last edited by Robevo RS; Oct 24, 2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yes! You need a computer to tell you that when you have a flat tank (like the Evo's) going around a long sweeper there is a chance that you get fuel-slosh. And yeah, that HKS BOV sounds awesome and also well-spent money!
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by wjamyers
I'm not sure who I find more distasteful, the ricer fan boi stuntahs with their "look at me!", won't-go-faster bling and sideways baseball caps or the arrogant knowitall big mouths pontificating about how others should behave.

+1. I'll drink to that.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:48 PM

Shifting

When I feel I am shifting best a louder blow off valve seems like it would be pretty nice to have.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
the guy you answered , honestly has no idea...
but he has a strong opinion as usually happens with these type of people. Its like if you dont know what you are talking about , then put it out there as a fact , then they hopefully will think; you are actually know it ... LOL

anyway the aftermarket ecu's has they place and use , that is why they can sell and not even cheap. They are not like a big wing, everyone see you spend a money , and cost a lot more then some people put in the engine to upgrade...

press on

Rob
Nice one Rob!
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by The Avengence
+1. I'll drink to that.
+2, in fact - i will be drinking Naughty Nurse to that in an hour
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Love this thread.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

In high school, I used to drive my Civic around, lower the windows, and yell out "Psshhh" after each shift.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:11 PM

very interesting topic :X
Old Oct 25, 2011, 02:08 AM
Evolved Member

I personally believe that people just care way too much about cars they don't even own, stop criticing someone else's car, just worry about your own damn car. If this guy wants a loud bov, so be it, it's not money coming out of anyone's pocket other than his. To the op, your car looks great and just enjoy it to the fullest. To rob your car is sick lol, still remember your taking it off the trailer lol.

/thread
Old Oct 25, 2011, 02:42 AM
Evolving Member

I was digging the music. I was waiting to see like a destroyed block or tcase or something, the music had me on edge.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO X 6950
I personally believe that people just care way too much about cars they don't even own, stop criticing someone else's car, just worry about your own damn car. If this guy wants a loud bov, so be it, it's not money coming out of anyone's pocket other than his. To the op, your car looks great and just enjoy it to the fullest. To rob your car is sick lol, still remember your taking it off the trailer lol.

/thread

Some of us are affected by this when d-bags drive next to us and use their BOV to annoy others. It's not always a " Well it's their cars, blah blah blah," scenario. If you would like, you can give me your address and I can put a crazy loud BOV on my car and pull up in your driveway every morning at 2:30 AM and rev my car up and sound off said BOV for a few minutes and then drive away. I personally don't care what anyone does to their car because it's their money, but when they use their money to do things to annoy me then it becomes my problem.

Sounding your BOV is not a way of saying hello to other turbo cars. Waving is much more appropriate. Driving next to me and sounding off isn't going to get me to race you, it's just going to make me think you're a tool bag and an idiot. Accelerating hard enough in traffic so that other people will pay attention to your cool sounding car and some girl might potentially go "What was that magical noise!?" and go home with you (which will never happen) is annoying to all other drivers besides yourself. If you don't do any of the things listed here with your car (and others I'm sure I could think of), then have fun with your VTA BOV because I don't care outside of that.

Think of it this way, if it's a car your grandma would probably be embarrassed to ride in, chances are it's an embarrassing car.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the key for me is that you could replace the word BOV with .... loud exhaust, external WG, loud sound system, V8 block ...... in your rant above!

Perhaps the issue you have is not with VTA BOVs, but rather, the issue is mindless fools!
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
the key for me is that you could replace the word BOV with .... loud exhaust, external WG, loud sound system, V8 block ...... in your rant above!

Perhaps the issue you have is not with VTA BOVs, but rather, the issue is mindless fools!
How about the Harleys... They are unrialable - slow, but loud so there for cool?

Quick Reply: I think BOV's sound cool!