Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

I think BOV's sound cool!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MDH-005
the key for me is that you could replace the word BOV with .... loud exhaust, external WG, loud sound system, V8 block ...... in your rant above!

Perhaps the issue you have is not with VTA BOVs, but rather, the issue is mindless fools!
You may be on to something there. It's not the parts I personally care about because if I'm not paying for it, then it's none of my business. At the same time, many of those things listed above bother the crap out of me.

BUT

Only when used inappropriately, like the scenarios I mention with the BOV. I can respect the sound of a nice cammed V8, but I can be rather annoyed when I'm getting piped in traffic by some guy with a FBody.

When a guy is driving next to me with speakers in his grill (which is crazy popular around here), then I'm being forced to listen to his awful rap music (I've yet to hear anyone with that type of car play anything else). I don't care about his speaker choices or his music when it's kept inside his car, or at least moderately near his car. But when they put speakers on the outside of the car so that they purposefully blast their music at other people, that is beyond annoying.

And I cannot stand Harley-f@gs! Not Harleys or Harley owners, but the guys that have the need to rev their bike up driving down my quiet neighborhood and call as much attention to themselves as possible. The guys that purposely act like d-bags because they enjoy the attention. Harleys aren't really my thing, but I respect people's love of them. When that love breaches into my home waking me up at 7AM on a day I have off because they insist on revving their unbelievably loud bike up in front of my house, then it's less ok.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:23 AM
Sev
Evolved Member

Hey guys, what going on this thread...

...aw ****!
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

You must be an ex srt owner to love obnoxious loud bov.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't even know what an "ex srt" is?
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:11 PM

an ex-SRT4 owner lol
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by SRTRaceR04
And I cannot stand Harley-f@gs! Not Harleys or Harley owners, but the guys that have the need to rev their bike up driving down my quiet neighborhood and call as much attention to themselves as possible. The guys that purposely act like d-bags because they enjoy the attention. Harleys aren't really my thing, but I respect people's love of them. When that love breaches into my home waking me up at 7AM on a day I have off because they insist on revving their unbelievably loud bike up in front of my house, then it's less ok.
If you think you got it bad, you should try living in wisconsin in the summer.. Theyre everywhere. Its f-ing HORRENDOUS. By the end of summer youd be praying to hear a BOV, much less anything else that isnt a harley (not that i condone d-bagish behavior with said BOVs)
Old Oct 26, 2011, 03:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread is pure epicness
Old Oct 26, 2011, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Master Evo8
You must be an ex srt owner to love obnoxious loud bov.

I'm an ex-SRT owner and I hate loud BOV's. At the same time I thoroughly hated the car as it was the biggest POS I've ever owned.

If I ever have the need to spin my front wheels on command, sound like a lame diesel truck, or the sudden urge to torque steer my a$$ right into a tree, then I might own an SRT4 again.

I will say though as obnoxious as SRT owners are about BOV's, they are twice that with excuses. I think "boost leak" is the only word they know as it's a constant reference whenever I've spoken with one. I've even heard "my ICP blew off". So, I guess their cars have the ability to keep racing after an ICP blows off.

I just don't want to see Evo owners end up like this. Evos are getting more affordable now, so the lot that used to buy Neons can now buy Evos. This still falls under I don't care what people buy, but how they act affects others.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by The Avengence
If you think you got it bad, you should try living in wisconsin in the summer.. Theyre everywhere. Its f-ing HORRENDOUS. By the end of summer youd be praying to hear a BOV, much less anything else that isnt a harley (not that i condone d-bagish behavior with said BOVs)
Northern MN sucks for that too ha. Except besides Harleys you get idiots with straight pipes on 90's Silverado trucks that feel the need to rev/floor it at everything (I wonder if they realize it just sounds like a wet fart). So annoying I pray everyday to hear a decent sounding car.

There is one SRT in my area and it does have a obnoxiously loud BOV also. haha

Last edited by Immaculate; Oct 26, 2011 at 06:43 AM.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 08:04 AM

When I had my STi, there was this 1 SRT4 owner with the RFL bov and an exhaust. I was waiting to turn into my apartment complex with the windows down. this dude comes up in the breakdown lane and blows off at my window. My ear was literally ringing from it, i gave him the finger for that move. I wont lie lol
Old Oct 26, 2011, 09:27 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Why can't we quietly let this thread die?

Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
loud BOV?

i am running here , for basically in recce mode, so no ALS etc. there for you can clearly here how is MY BOV sounds when you driving it basically low mid speed ...

24 sec after the video start i coming LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38DwQ...eature=related
Old Oct 27, 2011, 02:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
loud BOV?

i am running here , for basically in recce mode, so no ALS etc. there for you can clearly here how is MY BOV sounds when you driving it basically low mid speed ...

24 sec after the video start i coming LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38DwQ...eature=related
Thats some serious RICE action you have going on there!

How is that going to help you with your 1/4 mile time!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 04:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Doesn't, 1/4 mile does not interest me a bit, I can't see anything would draw attention from me there. - can't even say I think it is worth to watch or do.

I know probably I am alone with this, but even a Nascar seems more challenging than that for me LOL
Anyway the reason we have it is simple. Hold boost like no one buisness, and does not vent back to the system.

Cheers Rob
Old Oct 27, 2011, 05:12 AM
Evolving Member

I sense sarcasm.