Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Back in the saddle again...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2013 | 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

looks good and welcome back!
Old Apr 28, 2013 | 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by ugakirk
Switching cars every 10 months and you have financial issues?

Just messing with you. Grats being back in an Evo. I could never pay for a car and wish I owned a different one. I just traded mine in.. Looking forward to the time when I will own one again, but it will be in 3-4 years. I've been considering just doing the perfect Mirage -> Evo 5 swap and doing it right too.. but again, that would be down the road..

Got other priorities right now..
I *had* difficulties...things are obviously better now

It did feel weird trading in a car that didn't even have 14K miles on it yet. It would have had more if I enjoyed driving it. I basically drove it as little as possible, because I knew it would be someone else's car soon.
Old Apr 28, 2013 | 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

Funny this was revived after a year. Still loving the decision to go back to the EVO. Now I have a choice of a X GSR and an MR to drive. Go figure the wife would have wanted one as well....
Old Apr 29, 2013 | 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by thegoodservant
Funny this was revived after a year. Still loving the decision to go back to the EVO. Now I have a choice of a X GSR and an MR to drive. Go figure the wife would have wanted one as well....

That's awesome! After having my MR for a couple days I can see this car has something for everyone. If I put it in D/normal it's just as easy to drive as a Camry. But put it in Manual/sport and it's like a F1 car! I think it would be perfect for couples wh were less fortunate and had to share an Evo lol.
Old Apr 29, 2013 | 03:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ClockwerkOrange
That's awesome! After having my MR for a couple days I can see this car has something for everyone. If I put it in D/normal it's just as easy to drive as a Camry. But put it in Manual/sport and it's like a F1 car! I think it would be perfect for couples wh were less fortunate and had to share an Evo lol.
This is why i bought the MR except for the less fortunate part. I was at the time always deploying and didnt want to have to come home all the time and change the clutch out cause wifey tried to drive a manual. Plus had to have 6 speeds, 5 speed with a full exhaust and having the whole family in the car would have been a deal breaker for sure with wifey.

Really looking into getting an IS-F or C63 AMG no M3 since they come in coupe only now. Also saw that MB is coming out with a CLA 45 AMG (2.0L turbo, AWD, w/ 360Hp) could also be one of my next cars like an Evo but with MB style.

Last edited by EXcel4600c; Apr 29, 2013 at 03:48 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2013 | 04:43 AM

I was also thinking of waiting for the CLA 45 , but I read it's a front-biased awd system. Should be a great car though. Way more luxury and comfort I would think.