Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Installing Aero Kit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing Aero Kit

Well I am ordering the Aero Kit for my 2011 X and am going to be installing it myself (dealer wants 2250+tax and installation) and I can get it online for 1650 shipped. My question is, should I order any push pins, or anything that can get broke in the process of removing the front bumper, the old side skirts, etc?
I wish I would have got this done over winter when it was stored, but I kept debating whether I wanted to Aero the Evo or Slap an 08+ hood on my snake. at 3 grand for a painted hood without the underhood padding and vent screens, the Evo is getting done first lol.

Side question-when blacking out the front emblem with plasti-dip, do you remove the emblem or just mask off a square around the emblem and remove the access? Im blacking out the center section of my aero lip and while im at it, i want the emblem to match.

Old Apr 12, 2012, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

I've taken my bumber off many times so as long as you dont start prying at crap you will be fine...........When the entire front is off you can take apart the grill and can paint the mitsu symbol better by itself............
However, for that much money why do you just not go aftermarket and get a lip and sideskirt extensions??? Good luck!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by cujo200231
Well I am ordering the Aero Kit for my 2011 X and am going to be installing it myself (dealer wants 2250+tax and installation) and I can get it online for 1650 shipped. My question is, should I order any push pins, or anything that can get broke in the process of removing the front bumper, the old side skirts, etc?
I wish I would have got this done over winter when it was stored, but I kept debating whether I wanted to Aero the Evo or Slap an 08+ hood on my snake. at 3 grand for a painted hood without the underhood padding and vent screens, the Evo is getting done first lol.

Side question-when blacking out the front emblem with plasti-dip, do you remove the emblem or just mask off a square around the emblem and remove the access? Im blacking out the center section of my aero lip and while im at it, i want the emblem to match.

that's steep, i got mine dealer installed with the front air dam, side air dams, rear corner aprons, brake ducts, and spoiler gurney, installed at the dealer for 1850. i'd shop around some more
Old Apr 13, 2012, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by RAY101381
that's steep, i got mine dealer installed with the front air dam, side air dams, rear corner aprons, brake ducts, and spoiler gurney, installed at the dealer for 1850. i'd shop around some more
Yea my dealer said that they would have to order every part separate since i didnt order the Aero package when I first got the car. But I didnt think $1650 was too bad for the full Aero Package shipped (front and rear air dams, side skirts, wing extension and brake ducts. Well that was the best price that I found at least.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by wicked white14
I've taken my bumber off many times so as long as you dont start prying at crap you will be fine...........When the entire front is off you can take apart the grill and can paint the mitsu symbol better by itself............
However, for that much money why do you just not go aftermarket and get a lip and sideskirt extensions??? Good luck!
I like to keep everything OEM just because it seems I always run into fitment issues and having to drill new holes for anything aftermarket. Trust me, there is so much Id like to do to my car (tune, coils, etc) but I have a stealership that looks for anything to get out of honoring a warranty. And thanks for the emblem tip, I really didnt want to have to pry it off and retape it.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:31 PM

looks better without aero kit
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

When I blacked out my front badge I just did a really good job taping off around it, and it turned out really good.

BTW where in the buffalo area are you from?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

It's always good to have some extra clips on hand since, if you're like most of us, you'll be taking off the bumper quite a bit. As others have said though you might want to shop around or even check out the "For Sale" section as aero pieces come up often and for a fraction of the price. Hell even if you buy an off color and have it painted you'll be saving some serious cash. GL!
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by silvergdb
looks better without aero kit
I don't like how it has the white border on the bottom, thats why I'm painting it black so it flows with the black "hole" in the front. I like it and it helps make the car look lower without springs or coils. Damn car is too high up on factory springs without the aero kit
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by HAHAV8
When I blacked out my front badge I just did a really good job taping off around it, and it turned out really good.

BTW where in the buffalo area are you from?
I think I'll try taping it when I have the front bumper off. I'm using plastidip, so if I don't like it, I'll just peel it off.
I used to live in lancaster, you may have seen me (WW with the SS and SL). I just got it back on the road and got it tinted last week at mr tint with 5% all around and tint strip. Got a ticket 6 hours later lol. But now I live right outside of east aurora. The only X's I know of in the area are 2 WW ones besides mine, both modded, a modded OB, and a GG I saw once winter. Where are you from and what do you have?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by HudsonFalcon
It's always good to have some extra clips on hand since, if you're like most of us, you'll be taking off the bumper quite a bit. As others have said though you might want to shop around or even check out the "For Sale" section as aero pieces come up often and for a fraction of the price. Hell even if you buy an off color and have it painted you'll be saving some serious cash. GL!

I have been lookin like crazy on forums and eBay and no dice. I'm hoping someone will want to buy my '11 side skirts or wanted to trade and cash. They are all 3m clear protected and everything.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

I think I'll try taping it when I have the front bumper off. I'm using plastidip, so if I don't like it, I'll just peel it off.
I used to live in lancaster, you may have seen me (WW with the SS and SL). I just got it back on the road and got it tinted last week at mr tint with 5% all around and tint strip. Got a ticket 6 hours later lol. But now I live right outside of east aurora. The only X's I know of in the area are 2 WW ones besides mine, both modded, a modded OB, and a GG I saw once winter. Where are you from and what do you have?

I live in Amherst area, and I have a silver X with aero kit, tint and black Rota Grids.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by HAHAV8
I live in Amherst area, and I have a silver X with aero kit, tint and black Rota Grids.
I think I have seen you I think, I work up in the industrial park in Amherst and on my way home last year (heading the opposite direction), I'd pass a silver id pass a silver x heading toward Amherst close to the UB exit. Also someone pulled into transitowne mitsu with their silver x last year when I was looking to buy mine. As well as one at cruise night. Not too many x's around here
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

There are WAY more X's than 8 or 9's around buffalo that's for sure. I have a modded WW X with SBC RPF1's. Cheektowaga here
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

I think I have seen you I think, I work up in the industrial park in Amherst and on my way home last year (heading the opposite direction), I'd pass a silver id pass a silver x heading toward Amherst close to the UB exit. Also someone pulled into transitowne mitsu with their silver x last year when I was looking to buy mine. As well as one at cruise night. Not too many x's around here
Yeah that is most likely me. I always drive near UB; I live right around there.

Yeah also I remember talking with the tech and saw two guys checking out a black MR, not sure if that was you?

Quick Reply: Installing Aero Kit