Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Simple 2012 Evo X GSR build in progress

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2012, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rheindollar
u took the emblem off with the bumper on? or took the bumper off and removed the grill then the emblem.. sorry haha im tryna remove that emblem without having to take the bumper off. also you end up getting some amber side markers? i saw the ones they have on ebay for like $30, or are you going to overlay the existing ones?
i took the emblem off with the bumper still on the car, just be careful and used just a little heat. i don't know if i'm gonna do the amber sidemarkers, not sure if they'll go with the sbc wheels, and the voltex wing that should be here monday
Old May 8, 2012, 07:42 PM

Hey, nice build. Just a couple of questions on the suspension setup as I've been looking into these wheels.
What camber are you running all around?
Is the fender pull at the rear necessary?
Old May 9, 2012, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by 97laxlude
Hey, nice build. Just a couple of questions on the suspension setup as I've been looking into these wheels.
What camber are you running all around?
Is the fender pull at the rear necessary?
i actually flying out to cali today and with work haven't had a chance to get aligned. i don't think the pull is necessary, but a roll definitely is, it'll depend on low you plan on going, that's going to determine how much roll and if you need to pull or not.
Old May 9, 2012, 06:13 PM

Let me know what the camber comes out to when you get it aligned. I'm either going with Swift Spec R's or biting the bullet and going for some KW's or AST's. I just don't want to have to run with aggressive camber to get these to fit properly. I need to find a reputable place that does fender rolling or somewhere I can rent one.

Safe travels btw.
Old May 9, 2012, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Call me crazy but I just got my swift spec r's on and had it aligned this morning with -1.5 front camber and 0 toe and 1.1 rear camber with 0 toe and I have no rubbing issues whatsoever with my SBC RPF1's 18x9.5 +15 on a 275/35 Dunlop Star Spec. I didn't roll the rear fenders or anything. It doesnt even look like it will be ANYWHERE close to coming into contact with the fender at all, so I dont understand why everyone is so gung ho on rolling them if it's completely un-necessary.

On topic: I love your car, we're like twins because mine is WW too.
Old May 10, 2012, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by 05OrangeSS
Call me crazy but I just got my swift spec r's on and had it aligned this morning with -1.5 front camber and 0 toe and 1.1 rear camber with 0 toe and I have no rubbing issues whatsoever with my SBC RPF1's 18x9.5 +15 on a 275/35 Dunlop Star Spec. I didn't roll the rear fenders or anything. It doesnt even look like it will be ANYWHERE close to coming into contact with the fender at all, so I dont understand why everyone is so gung ho on rolling them if it's completely un-necessary.

On topic: I love your car, we're like twins because mine is WW too.
Have your springs settled? How long have they been on? I know with my setup I HAD to roll maybe not pull but def roll after they settled. I did more than I had to just in case I go 275. Funny thing is I have less drop than you do. You're the first person ive seen that hasnt rubbed without a roll on +15, a drop and wide star specs. Have you driven it hard yet going over bigger bumps and rear passengers? I think the roll isn't a big deal and it's pretty easy with the right tools.
Old May 10, 2012, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

I refuse to carry passangers in the back of my car and I couldn't tell you if they settled or not yet. I've put about 100 miles on the springs/tires/rim combo and it's still the same height. Then again I've had the entire combo on for like 3 days now but I'm going to keep an eye on it and see what happens.
Old May 10, 2012, 08:40 PM

Nice set up man. Are you thinking about changing your front lip?
Old May 10, 2012, 11:26 PM

Looks great! I ended up buying the same boost gauge after seeing you thread haha. So thanks for making my decision easier!
Old May 11, 2012, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by nonocei
Looks great! I ended up buying the same boost gauge after seeing you thread haha. So thanks for making my decision easier!
That boost gauge is actually off the car and I need to get some pictures and put it up for sale. I decided to go with the vbg1 from gaugetek. Super clean mounting.
Old May 11, 2012, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by jaypee0930
Nice set up man. Are you thinking about changing your front lip?
No, I actually really like the oe, lip, I like how clean the lines are and that it doesn't stick out very far like some aftermarket lips. We'll see how it flows when my voltex wing gets here. Stay tuned for pictures, should be here next Tuesday or so
Old May 11, 2012, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RAY101381
That boost gauge is actually off the car and I need to get some pictures and put it up for sale. I decided to go with the vbg1 from gaugetek. Super clean mounting.
PM me the info on your gauge... I am interested.
Old May 11, 2012, 08:34 AM

pm sent
Old May 11, 2012, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

lol... $6k limit my ***
Old May 11, 2012, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Evolution Z
lol... $6k limit my ***
That's what I said. That's gone and out the window.

Quick Reply: Simple 2012 Evo X GSR build in progress