Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Anyone dealth with this lip before?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2012, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
What is this "grammer" you speak of?
He used punctuation and even capitalization for the start of a sentence. This is massively better than 90% of posts that mention a low cost knock-off product.

I give him a
Old Jun 14, 2012, 05:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoStig
Well, I can't argue with the results.
I can't either. I was just pointing out the other side of that viewpoint. In some cases, you needn't spend a fortune to achieve the same results. Certain things that isn't true for. You want to make sure and spend some money on an upgraded turbo-charger, for instance. I wouldn't trust eBay snails. Fuel injectors are also extremely important. CAI's, exhaust systems (in many cases), even intercoolers can all be purchased on fleabay without issue. A lot of people have good things to say about eBay IC's for the Evolution IX. It isn't necessary to pay for an ARC IC. It has no real advantage (other than the name), and I frankly couldn't care less. I just want it to work.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 05:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TheBlade
He used punctuation and even capitalization for the start of a sentence. This is massively better than 90% of posts that mention a low cost knock-off product.

I give him a
I know. This was actually a reasonable question. I give him an A for effort, as well. I am a big proponent of saving money. If you understand what you are buying and have weighed the cost/benefits, I would say go for it. I am not about to pay $650 for a lip from the dealer that comes in the wrong color. I would buy a real Voltex lip, but I am not sure where to find a decent fake. The real one has no functional advantage, in my mind.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 04:32 AM
Evolving Member

I tend to support American manufacturers

"But I wanted a car that is 100% built in Japan."
Old Jun 15, 2012, 06:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bremboy

"But I wanted a car that is 100% built in Japan."
I am farily certain that my particular vehicle was built in the USA. I could be wrong about that, but my VIN number didn't match up with a certain thread on this topic posted a long time ago on this very site (which I now can't find). Although, don't be stupid. When I can, I support local manufacturers. That was the point. Like I said before, my peeve is wastefully spending money on "bling JDM" PARTS (not cars) that are no better than that domestic competition. I thought that I made that pretty clear, before.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 06:31 AM
Former Sponsor

I know for sure that my previous Mitsubishi cars were made in Normal, IL.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 06:48 AM
Former Sponsor

The bottom line is that that lip looks fine. OP should be happy with that purchase. I don't always advocate eBay products, but that one looks good. End of story.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

I am farily certain that my particular vehicle was built in the USA.
You new to EVO's? They're all made in the same plant in Okayama (Lancers and Ralliarts as well).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancer_evo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Lancer

As for your other argument, you're not going to get the same fit on eBay lips as a Varis or JUN. Stop kidding yourself.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

I know. This was actually a reasonable question. I give him an A for effort, as well. I am a big proponent of saving money. If you understand what you are buying and have weighed the cost/benefits, I would say go for it. I am not about to pay $650 for a lip from the dealer that comes in the wrong color. I would buy a real Voltex lip, but I am not sure where to find a decent fake. The real one has no functional advantage, in my mind.
I'm right there with ya. I actually am really impressed with the pics that were posted after. It looks fantastic
Old Jun 15, 2012, 08:15 AM

Looks surprisingly a lot like the Do-Luck lip (which makes me weak in the knees). Can't beat 225 shipped!
Old Jun 15, 2012, 08:32 AM
Former Sponsor

You new to EVO's? They're all made in the same plant in Okayama (Lancers and Ralliarts as well).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancer_evo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Lancer

As for your other argument, you're not going to get the same fit on eBay lips as a Varis or JUN. Stop kidding yourself.
I was wrong about where the car was made. That wasn't even relevant to my original argument, though. You made a tongue and cheek remark about my purchase of the car, initially. That is clearly not what we were discussing.

But, be that as it may, if you had actually taken the time to read my first post (which you didn't), I claimed that it made "no difference IF you are planning to have a body-shop prep and paint the lip, anyways". Take a look at the "JUN style" lip in the second picture. After a body-shop worked its magic, can you REALLY tell the difference? If not, or only now claim to be able to because it was made obvious that the lip is in fact fake, then what are we realistically arguing? I THINK that it looks fine. I made that claim earlier in the thread. It was backed up with photographic proof. I am not sure what you are trying to prove, here. If it is that you are a snob, then we are done here. THERE IS NO FUNCTIONAL ADVANTAGE to the real thing, other than some minor fitment concerns, which can usually be straightened out at a body-shop (especially if the bumper is made from Urethane, which again, I made plain in my first post).
Old Jun 15, 2012, 08:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AWDani
Looks surprisingly a lot like the Do-Luck lip (which makes me weak in the knees). Can't beat 225 shipped!
I totally agree. It looks like a good product.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:45 AM

Will never understand this "tight budget but lemme buy a 35k car" stuff.
Let me see if I can understand your comment.

So because I can afford a 35k car means I can't create a budget for my car?
I mean there are other things that are priority other than cosmetics. I'm not the type to blow my money on my car for over priced products when there are cheaper alternatives that do the same job(cosmetically speaking) just cause it's a 35k vehicle. I'm sorry if I offend but that was just a ignorant comment.

Last edited by erikm-x; Jun 16, 2012 at 10:53 AM.