Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Unofficial: Evo X - XXR Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2013, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old Sep 13, 2013, 01:07 AM

Anyone have problems with the xxrs?? Im thinking of picking up a set since they're pretty cheap but don't want them to bend, break or crack if I hit a pothole....our roads in Cali are pretty crappy
Old Sep 13, 2013, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by YoitsEVOSAL
Anyone have problems with the xxrs?? Im thinking of picking up a set since they're pretty cheap but don't want them to bend, break or crack if I hit a pothole....our roads in Cali are pretty crappy
Zero issues with mine. Had them for over a year and they still look new. Zero bends/cracks and I drive the Cali roads you speak of every day.

Another thing to consider. You can buy one for around $150 from nlmotoring should you bend or scratch one. They are the only distributor I know of that sells xxr wheels in singles.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by NeedBoost!
Zero issues with mine. Had them for over a year and they still look new. Zero bends/cracks and I drive the Cali roads you speak of every day.

Another thing to consider. You can buy one for around $150 from nlmotoring should you bend or scratch one. They are the only distributor I know of that sells xxr wheels in singles.
Good to know!!! Thanx man!!
Old Sep 24, 2013, 05:07 AM

just checking back in with everyone to see how they are liking the XXR's any issues, cracking or horror stories? Im thinking of picking up a set of 530's for my Ralliart as temp wheels till i can finish saving for my Volks the stock wheels are horrible.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 07:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sinestra
just checking back in with everyone to see how they are liking the XXR's any issues, cracking or horror stories? Im thinking of picking up a set of 530's for my Ralliart as temp wheels till i can finish saving for my Volks the stock wheels are horrible.
In my very humble opinion, once you go xxr, you never go back.
Honestly, take the $3k-$4k you'd spend on volks and double your hp or get a really nice set of coilovers. Unless you are competing on a regular basis, you do not need such expensive wheels - and if you have to "save" to get them, the first rock chip or minor imperfection will send you to into a dark depression.

XXR wheels are the perfect answer for those of us who don't have thousands of dollars in cash just laying around waiting to be spent. The two main aspects that most people focus on when it comes to wheels are style and weight. Most 18" xxr's are in the 20-21 lb range (which is incredible for cheap wheels) and I would assume most people could find a style they are happy with. Since they are generally 1/5 of the cost of most Volks/Works/etc., there's really no question.

I've had mine for just under 2 years now. Zero cracks/bends/issues and I live in pothole infested Southern California. Get some. Worst case scenario you hate them and sell them and lose $100.

Last edited by NeedBoost!; Sep 24, 2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by NeedBoost!
In my very humble opinion, once you go xxr, you never go back.
Honestly, take the $3k-$4k you'd spend on volks and double your hp or get a really nice set of coilovers. Unless you are competing on a regular basis, you do not need such expensive wheels - and if you have to "save" to get them, the first rock chip or minor imperfection will send you to into a dark depression.

XXR wheels are the perfect answer for those of us who don't have thousands of dollars in cash just laying around waiting to be spent. The two main aspects that most people focus on when it comes to wheels are style and weight. Most 18" xxr's are in the 20-21 lb range (which is incredible for cheap wheels) and I would assume most people could find a style they are happy with. Since they are generally 1/5 of the cost of most Volks/Works/etc., there's really no question.

I've had mine for just under 2 years now. Zero cracks/bends/issues and I live in pothole infested Southern California. Get some. Worst case scenario you hate them and sell them and lose $100.
Thanks for the feedback man. I probably will pick up a set i just want some nice wheels for DD but i will still get Volks which will be used for meets and the track every now and then. Honestly, anything is better than the stock wheels they are hideous. I was thinking about getting the 530's and powdercoating them matte bronze. I had MB Battles on my old Lancer ran them for 3 years and even when i got in an accident the wheels only broke because of a direct from the other car they are considered cheap wheels but held up amazingly even after a direct hit from another car.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 02:11 PM

looking at some of these makes me want some new Wheels!
Old Oct 11, 2013, 02:31 PM

Can't beat these wheels! Especially for the price
Old Oct 11, 2013, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by fearD.evo

rally red evos are sexy af!
Old Oct 16, 2013, 02:30 AM

2more picz

Old Oct 16, 2013, 04:32 AM

Im pretty set on getting those as well i like the design of spokes. Im thinking of powdercoating them bronze for my white RA.

Last edited by Sinestra; Oct 16, 2013 at 06:41 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

i just picked those up yesterday. had issues taking off my rear spacers so I should be putting them on today.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Old Oct 30, 2013, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by dyss.
Looks good!

Quick Reply: Unofficial: Evo X - XXR Thread