Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

JDM EVO Wing Catalogue

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015 | 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by jisam
Voltex Type 5 1700mm

I love this look, aggressive and gorgeous.
Old Jul 12, 2015 | 04:25 AM
Evolved Member

I'm so torn between this Voltex Type 5 or the APR GTC-300 wing.... argh...

Last edited by TxFAkuma; Jul 12, 2015 at 04:35 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2015 | 04:19 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by TxFAkuma
BEST THREAD EVER! Do these wings fit on 2014 Lancer SE? Is it not the same trunk as the evo X?
LOL thanks! We like this thread . Yeah, a lot of these wings fit flat trunks so most all will fit.

Originally Posted by SolVII
I love this look, aggressive and gorgeous.
We love that fitment too. The Voltex wings are universally amazing.

I'm so torn between this Voltex Type 5 or the APR GTC-300 wing.... argh...
In all honesty both have their pros and cons. Voltex pro would be the overall quality and having an authentic Japanese part. Voltex also offers a wide range of different shapes and styles. The APR wings are good because they are usually available very quickly and are usually a little less expensive. Either way you go, they'd be good options.
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Aug 6, 2015 | 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by bucs987
These wings are too big for my taste.
Yeah I agree...
Old Aug 6, 2015 | 03:16 PM
Silver Sponsor

There are many factors that go into choosing car parts. Wings for example are a factor of many different variables.

The most common use for a large wing is to create downforce. This is mainly used by people that track/race their cars. It's a necessity for functionality. The larger the wing, the more downforce you can create if the wing is made properly. Functionality is the main reason GT wings would be useful.

Some guys do it for the style. Many of the styles we see on cars today have been adopted by taking items that are functional track car parts and turning them into a styling cue for show cars. Many of us tuner guys and girls want that aggressive/fast look to go along with a fast car. Show car guys will add large GT wings for the purpose of having that track car style.

Some people just flatout like the look and want it on their daily driver.

Regardless of the reason, many parts come and go like trends while others have always been around and always will be around in the future. GT wings aren't anything new; however, more recently people have been putting them on things other than dedicated track cars and for that reason we're seeing a lot more of them.

It's all a matter of personal taste and preference. We're all for supporting those that want to upgrade their cars in a way that's going to make them happy. As long as the parts are good quality, authentic, and have some semblance of style.

Some people just don't like them and think they look weird which is also fine. Again, all a matter of personal taste and preference.

Do what makes you happy .
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Aug 7, 2015 | 03:20 AM

BP, that is perfectly put m8. As of my car, I want to look, feel & sound aggressive even tho it's a road car but as time goes on & the car gets older it will hopefully turn into track car. So all the hard work over the years that I've put in for when does change into a track car there won't be much items to change but the part I put on the car have to surf a purpose & be one of the best on the market.

Last edited by Realbaman; Aug 7, 2015 at 03:23 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2015 | 04:31 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by Realbaman
BP, that is perfectly put m8. As of my car, I want to look, feel & sound aggressive even tho it's a road car but as time goes on & the car gets older it will hopefully turn into track car. So all the hard work over the years that I've put in for when does change into a track car there won't be much items to change but the part I put on the car have to surf a purpose & be one of the best on the market.

Yes, there are those people much like yourself that use their street car for the track or plan on turning their street cars into track cars. They will also install large GT wings and have aggressive aero even though it's their street car because they either use it or will use it eventually. Good point!
Old Oct 5, 2015 | 05:35 PM

any reason the link in your signature doesn't seem to produce a working website?
Old Oct 5, 2015 | 05:51 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by AndyL96
any reason the link in your signature doesn't seem to produce a working website?
Hey, sorry about that.

Good find!!

It is actually an old web address that we haven't updated in our signature, here is our updated website:

www.bulletproofautomotive.com

Is there anything specific you are looking for?

I will be more than happy to help!
Old Oct 5, 2015 | 05:52 PM

just looking for now, thanks for the update though
Old Oct 5, 2015 | 06:04 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by AndyL96
just looking for now, thanks for the update though
No problem, I have also updated our signature to reflect the correct link.

Thanks again.
Old Oct 6, 2015 | 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

I had ordered the APR GTC-300 wing for my Evo X. I must say... it looks 10x better in real life than in these pictures. Seriously guys. Beautiful wing! I actually thought their would be haters but everyone loves the style and quality of it. Personally.. I will never put the stock wing back on.
Old Oct 6, 2015 | 04:46 PM
Silver Sponsor

I had ordered the APR GTC-300 wing for my Evo X. I must say... it looks 10x better in real life than in these pictures. Seriously guys. Beautiful wing! I actually thought their would be haters but everyone loves the style and quality of it. Personally.. I will never put the stock wing back on.
Very nice and couldn't agree more!
Old Jul 22, 2016 | 03:14 PM
Silver Sponsor

bump!
Old Aug 3, 2016 | 11:40 AM

have any varis euro editions?

Quick Reply: JDM EVO Wing Catalogue