Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Move Over Motorsports rear tow hook (FUNCTIONAL)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Move Over Motorsports rear tow hook (FUNCTIONAL)

Here are some pics :

Let me know if you want additional angles.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/MOVE-O...46742542035629
Old Aug 12, 2012, 09:27 AM

Looks solid!

Nice addition to fill up that hole under the diffuser..would be nice to see what it looks like with the rims

Last edited by pips; Aug 12, 2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pips
Looks solid!

Nice addition to fill up that hole under the diffuser..would be nice to see what it looks like with the rims
I will take some pics of it, the reason I got it in black to be stealth, I'l take a longer range pic though from the side.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if it was functional, shouldn't it be brightly colored so its easily spotted by track officials?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Chebosto
if it was functional, shouldn't it be brightly colored so its easily spotted by track officials?
I'm pretty sure Move Over Motorsports has a huge range of colors to choose from... and if you're not tracking the car regularly or race under fia sanctioning the color of the tow hook does not affect it's funtional abilities
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Chebosto
Move Over does offer different colors. I won this on their Facebook contest, I have absolutely no intentions of tracking my car ever so I wanted it to look stealth, hence the black tow hook. It is functional...
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hakmeister
Move Over does offer different colors. I won this on their Facebook contest, I have absolutely no intentions of tracking my car ever so I wanted it to look stealth, hence the black tow hook. It is functional...
You know it's functional because you've been towed with it in place? It looks fine but be careful of angled pulls as it can tq on the mount and or crack the hook.

Most sanctioning bodies don't care about the color as they want a sticker on the car pointing to the tow hook location. Mostly, tracks just want to move your car FAST out of the way and so the stickers are to help you and the,, so they don't tear apart your car while trying to get it moved. Better still is to add an AWD! Sticker nxt to the tow hook so they know to either roll it, or if that won't work, lift it up entirely. If they pick up just one end you'll need to replace your diffs too.

The only thing I don't understand, and forgive me, is why one would add a tow hook on a car that won't go to the track? What's the point, why add the weight or make it easier for a guy to connect a chain to your car and drag it away...
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Johnr352
You know it's functional because you've been towed with it in place? It looks fine but be careful of angled pulls as it can tq on the mount and or crack the hook.

Most sanctioning bodies don't care about the color as they want a sticker on the car pointing to the tow hook location. Mostly, tracks just want to move your car FAST out of the way and so the stickers are to help you and the,, so they don't tear apart your car while trying to get it moved. Better still is to add an AWD! Sticker nxt to the tow hook so they know to either roll it, or if that won't work, lift it up entirely. If they pick up just one end you'll need to replace your diffs too.

The only thing I don't understand, and forgive me, is why one would add a tow hook on a car that won't go to the track? What's the point, why add the weight or make it easier for a guy to connect a chain to your car and drag it away...
I like the way it covers the 2nd hole, maybe it will make cops less attracted. I will state this one last time, I won it for free in a facebook contest. what else would I do to it?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

You are right and it does cover that hole nicely. I think your very best option, really, is to get that car on a track. You will have a whole new. Appreciation for its capabilities.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Johnr352
You are right and it does cover that hole nicely. I think your very best option, really, is to get that car on a track. You will have a whole new. Appreciation for its capabilities.
In due time, I will. ATM too much going on, Just had a son.. hitting my 60k mile warranty. Getting ready for next year mod, etc.