Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Vortex Generator

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2013, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo Police
If $200.00 is to expensive, then it may be possible you have bought the wrong car.
Hahaha I'm gonna have to agree.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fishstix
This kind of elitist attitude is laughable. I just bought a $120 Rexpeed vortex generator. Should I be driving a Hyundai? You're driving an Evo buddy. It's a kid car for adults.

Not to beat a dead horse. I hadn't read your entire post. But I've seen your car, seen your posts. I don't think I have seen any parts on your car that are below $200.00, other then your new Rexspeed VG.
Seeing how much you have spent on your car, no I certainly don't think you should be driving a Hyundai or a Daewoo. I mean it's not like your car has been upgraded and inspired by Depo and Megan Racing.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive had a painted Rexpeed VG on my Lancer... yeah I know... For about 7 years. It still looks like new and fits great.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 03:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Obviously these ones are a bit more but I can supply genuine Mitsubishi carbon vortex generators. They are made from a 2x2 twill weave pre preg carbon and I'm very confident in saying that this is the best quality vortex in the world.

These are made by the same manufacturer who makes all of the carbon for Mitsubishi UK. So if you walked into a Mitsubishi dealership in the UK and bought a carbon vortex from the parts department, this is the item you would receive, although I give a large saving compared.

These are made for the antenna base which is 6cm x 5cm.

http://www.carbongoodies.co.uk/Evo-1...rtex-Generator

Shipping to the USA is £40.00 for these:

http://www.carbongoodies.co.uk/4000-...hipping-Charge

I do realise that they are more than some manufacturers, but quite a bit less than others, but these really are the best that money can buy.

Cheers

Rick
Old Oct 29, 2013, 04:02 AM
Evolving Member

you said "stage 1"??? whats your mod list?
Secondly like said before unless you track it don;t waste your $$$ on it
Old Oct 29, 2013, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by IRISHEVOX
you said "stage 1"??? whats your mod list?
Secondly like said before unless you track it don;t waste your $$$ on it
Stages are a Cobb AP thing...you get an intake, use an OTS map from them, and then you're "Stage 1." It's kinda silly. It's what Subaru owners use more often than people in the Evo community. You can buy a TBE, intake, and etc and get to a higher stage. Stage one is really just intake and cobb ap ots map though, if I remember correctly.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by CarbonGoodies
Obviously these ones are a bit more but I can supply genuine Mitsubishi carbon vortex generators. They are made from a 2x2 twill weave pre preg carbon and I'm very confident in saying that this is the best quality vortex in the world.

These are made by the same manufacturer who makes all of the carbon for Mitsubishi UK. So if you walked into a Mitsubishi dealership in the UK and bought a carbon vortex from the parts department, this is the item you would receive, although I give a large saving compared.

I do realise that they are more than some manufacturers, but quite a bit less than others, but these really are the best that money can buy.

Cheers

Rick

Not too bad a price at all considering who's making them and shipping from the UK.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

not exhaust mod? COBB tuning is different than AMS, Perrin, and all the others on how they gauge thier stages, i use a AP, and i drive an MR, no voltex generator,,, it makes a small difference when you track it. and i mean it seems like your not making alot of power to really worry about it, yeah they look cool and the kind of embody the older evo's for rally racing etc... but i meant do you really need it?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

here are my mods list : ETS 4" intercooler, ETS Intake, ETS UICP, CNT racing turbo back exhaust, synapse BOV,GSC S2 cams/retainers/springs, DW 265 lph fuel pump, 1100cc FIC injectors, ARP head studs, grimmspeed ebcs, COBB AP tune dual map, 92 octane and E-85.
Thats all i have on my engine and for me it's stage one... i am probably wrong but i think u hit stage two when u slam a bigger turbo in there.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 09:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bombers Nemesis
Not too bad a price at all considering who's making them and shipping from the UK.
Thanks very much.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by elecan
http://www.rexpeed.net/2012/en/produ...rial_type_4=16

Rexspeed have some for under 200$ (Not the CF tho), Can't tell you if they are good or not, someone else can surly answer that
Whats the difference between the Ralli art and the Evo Vortex?
Because they say the Ralli one fit the non sss Evo...
And these prices includes paint ! Not bad
Old Nov 14, 2013, 01:44 PM

I don't think performance should even be an issue in this thread. It literally makes about .0001 sec difference on runs, IF THAT. If you want to install it, it should be for appearance purposes. I have a black one from Rexspeed for about 3 years now, and love how it looks, but I would NEVER include it in a performance mod list.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 01:36 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by CarbonGoodies

Cheers

Rick
this is absolutely true. OEM is always the best.