Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Evo X GSR/MR Spoiler Dimensions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2013, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X GSR/MR Spoiler Dimensions

Hey all, could use some help on something here. If anyone knows this off the top of their head, it'd be great, but I was wondering if anyone is able to give me exact specifications (or as close as you can get), to the GSR's spoiler (or the MR prior to the '13s when they stopped putting the spoiler on the MR and went with the stupid duck lip spoiler). Or maybe know of an article of some sort online that gives the dimensions.

I tried to get the wing worked into the deal when I bought the car, but it was a no-go. When I priced an OEM one through a dealership they wanted over $2,200 bucks for it, and I knew there was no way I was going that route. So I went on a search here recently, and I finally managed to pick up an Evo X wing for 75 bucks with everything needed for installation, but it's not painted, only primer grey. Instead of paying out hundreds and hundreds of dollars to get this thing paint-matched to Phantom Black Pearl, I'd rather just use either 3M's Di-Noc or 1080p and carbon fiber wrap the thing. Personally I'd like the look of it and the offset it gives the car. Only problem is I'm just sort of stuck on how much of the stuff I'll need to completely cover the thing in one go, and not buy enough and end up having to buy more, then cut pieces and try and line it up perfect and go through all that extra work just so it doesn't look like crap.

I have my '10 Lancer ES, and I measured the spoiler on it, but I know the Evo's wing is a good deal larger, so I only have a rough guesstimate on how much I'll need, which is somewhere in the neighborhood of 24"x72". But I'm not sure if that's going to be enough to cover the wing in one go, or if I need an even larger roll of the stuff. I'm thinking 2 foot wide would be plenty to fully wrap the wing width wise, giving me enough to fully cover the top and bottom, and then 6 feet giving me enough to fully wrap it length wise and cover the base on both ends. But I really want to be sure before I order the stuff.

Even if someone would be kind enough to just walk outside with a tape measure and give me the measurement of how wide the wing is in the middle (or whatever the widest point of the spoiler is) and how long it is from very end (when it starts to curve down and around to the underside) to the other very end, I couldn't tell you how much I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.