Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Need help: How to polish off light scratches/scuff marks from titanium exhaust tips?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2015, 09:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need help: How to polish off light scratches/scuff marks from titanium exhaust tips?

I recently bought a second hand exhaust, the overall condition of the exhaust is good except for one part.

One of the exhaust tips is dull and there are some light scuff marks/scratches. The titanium tips have the burnt finish.

Is there a way to get those scuff marks off while still keeping the blue Ti burnt finish?

I will get some pictures once I go back to my friend's shop, where the exhaust is located.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2015, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Nevr-Dull is the only polish I've had good luck with when trying to clean up titanium.
http://www.nevrdull.com/
Check Pep-Boys. BTW, you're probably not going to be able to polish any deep scratches out of titanium due to the hardness. For that I'd think you'd be stuck with media blasting or a buffing wheel to get the scratches knocked out (matte or polished, accordingly)

Also, polishing will remove the blue. Here's a good writeup on how to re-blue them:
http://my350z.com/forum/body-interio...-titanium.html