Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

2 TPMS solutions. Use what ever wheels you want!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2011, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
y not just buy an extra 4 tpms sensor and then whenever u switched ur wheels re-register the tpms code to the ecu its fast and easy!

if u dont have the tools go to discount tire america - did it with them before -

Last edited by SniperwolF; Feb 17, 2011 at 06:58 AM.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SniperwolF
y not just buy an extra 4 tpms sensor and then whenever u switched ur wheels re-register the tpms code to the ecu its fast and easy!

if u dont have the tools go to discount tire america - did it with them before -
It could be fast and easy, if you bought the $2000 tool to register it with the ECU. There are no cheap tools on the market that service our cars, hopefully soon.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

You've had Discount Tire do it for you on an X? If so, details please. Did you use OE or aftermarket sensors

Originally Posted by comic0guy
It could be fast and easy, if you bought the $2000 tool to register it with the ECU. There are no cheap tools on the market that service our cars, hopefully soon.
Right... dealer in our area wants $60 to reprogram new sensors... that cost 2x a year is unacceptable to me.

There are some aftermarket sensors that can essentially "clone" your stock ones, but I've heard mixed results with these (i.e. no confirmation they work on our cars, and again, the programming tool is expensive)
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Like I said before ladies and gents.....

Bartec. We have tried all the others at my work to no avail. The Bartec is the cats ***.

/thread
Old Feb 18, 2011, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by comic0guy

u dont nid a 2000 dollar tools just to register the tpms ... discount tire america didnt even charge me for anything ..
Old Feb 18, 2011, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by derekste
You've had Discount Tire do it for you on an X? If so, details please. Did you use OE or aftermarket sensors

Right... dealer in our area wants $60 to reprogram new sensors... that cost 2x a year is unacceptable to me.

There are some aftermarket sensors that can essentially "clone" your stock ones, but I've heard mixed results with these (i.e. no confirmation they work on our cars, and again, the programming tool is expensive)

bought the tpms sensor frm where i bought my tires ...

after installing my tires .. discount tire told me in prolly 15 minutes the tpms sensor signal should be gone .. well after 3 days it still there called them told them what happend -- that it is still there .. they then told me to go back to their shop to re-register the codes of the tpms ... they did it for almost 10 minutes and everything was ok..
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:49 AM

bought the tpms sensor frm where i bought my tires ...

after installing my tires .. discount tire told me in prolly 15 minutes the tpms sensor signal should be gone .. well after 3 days it still there called them told them what happend -- that it is still there .. they then told me to go back to their shop to re-register the codes of the tpms ... they did it for almost 10 minutes and everything was ok..

What do you mean they did it for 10 minutes and everything is fine??? I have a 2010 MR and Discount has tried numerous times with no luck. I have a second set of wheels with TPMS in them as well, but Disount has used the Bartec and never been able to get this second set to take. Are you saying they just need to keep re-registering for 10 minutes straight and it will finally take?

That would be great as this has been irritating me for so long and I don't want to pay the dealer twice a year.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:55 AM

Tryed it out in the glove box.works decently...
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by spon
What do you mean they did it for 10 minutes and everything is fine??? I have a 2010 MR and Discount has tried numerous times with no luck. I have a second set of wheels with TPMS in them as well, but Disount has used the Bartec and never been able to get this second set to take. Are you saying they just need to keep re-registering for 10 minutes straight and it will finally take?

That would be great as this has been irritating me for so long and I don't want to pay the dealer twice a year.

did u see them do it? did they connect the device to ur car ecu?

what they did is ... they kinda scan Or put the equipment close to the transmitting tpms .. to get the codes.. they did it for all 4 of them and connect the device to the ecu and register and it was gone ...
Old Feb 23, 2011, 04:07 AM
Evolved Member

did u see them do it? did they connect the device to ur car ecu?

what they did is ... they kinda scan Or put the equipment close to the transmitting tpms .. to get the codes.. they did it for all 4 of them and connect the device to the ecu and register and it was gone ...
^^^This. You start at the drivers front, to passenger front, to pasenger rear, to drivers rear, hook up the tool to the diagnostic port and click"Write ID's To Vehicle".

Takes all of 5 minutes with the Bartec Tool. I cannot speak on behalf of the other tools.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 06:44 AM

Yeah, they did connect it to the car, not sure that they followed that order for resetting, but I had 3 independent shops try it and not one has been able to get it to work. I am convinced it's a 2010 MR Tour thing... Or possibly that my new sensors are defective.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

i don't have a discount tire anywhere near me so i'm screwed, has anyone actually tried the ziptie?
Old Apr 27, 2011, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

BUMP! has anyone tried the zip OR pipe bomb method? Also i've had my sensors off for a couple days but they never left the car, am I effed cause its says TPMS servicing? or should i build the pipe drive for a couple days maybe reset the ecu (disconnect negative cable for 15min) nd see what happens?
Old May 31, 2011, 02:47 PM
Nzo
Evolving Member

I went into a discount tires to have them program the tpms after they told me to 'come on down' and after going all the way down there they tell me the equipment they use can't program the sensors for a 2010? He showed me that the computer was telling him no go but I find this kind of hard to believe. Anyone with a '10+ have success with them?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 03:59 AM

I have a '08, but just ended up having Discount Tire put my stock TPMS in my aftermarket wheels since I was getting tires from them anyways

Quick Reply: 2 TPMS solutions. Use what ever wheels you want!