Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Best long lasting summer tire (both low and high $ examples please) and rim question

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2008, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best long lasting summer tire (both low and high $ examples please) and rim question

My stock Yokohama's have 12k on them and 2 are worn down and I should probably get new tires. I don't want to get summer tires every year, so what would you guys recommend for a long lasting summer tire. If you could give both a cheaper and more expensive tire suggestion.

Also...
I tried to put the 17" TSW Trackstar 5's on my evo and the brakes rubbed so I need a spacer. Anyone have these rims on their evo and if so what's the least #mm spacer I would need? Are spacers safe?

I went in thinking I'd spend 700 on the rims and found out my tires are worn (never saw a tire wear that fast) and need spacers so I'm looking at at least 1500 which sucks as I'm poor!

Thanks

~Josh
Old May 24, 2008, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Great Daily Driver option for Tires.

Josh - You might look at these tires (link below). Great price, great wear rating, large size selection, and good performance. I have had these tires for my daily driver for over a year now and I highly recomend them.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....el=Exclaim+UHP