Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Rotora BBK, Girodisc has them. Pics inside!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2008, 09:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Rotora BBK, Girodisc has them. Pics inside!

Girodisc is pleased to announce we will be offering the first production run of Evo X Big Brake kits from Rotora. After reviewing the stock system and comparing it to the Rotora system, we see they have kept the front to rear brake bias to within .6% (as in point 6) of original. The benefit of course is curved vane, floating rotors that give you much more heat handling capability for aggressive/track driving. Plus they look beautiful! We’ll be able to offer both red and light metallic blue. Kit consists of 355mm rotors and 6 piston calipers up front and 355mm rotors and 4 piston calipers in the rear. Total weight savings compared to stock: 7 lbs. all 4 corners. These kits fit under the factory wheels! Below is an additional description of the kit for those who are interested.

Made of billet aluminum alloy and CNC machined to ensure the highest quality; Rotora's high performance brake system enables superior brake modulation while improving overall pedal feel to ensure equal distribution of weight transfer when braking. To achieve this proportional front-to-rear brake bias, Rotora’s opposing piston calipers are fine tuned by increasing the clamp load to the optimal level while utilizing the stock master cylinder to retain overall front-to-rear brake bias. Rotora’s full big brake system design delivers excellent initial bite, exceptional modulation, and consistent pedal feel for street and track use applications. All systems are ABS compatible and direct bolt on replacement with minimal modifications required.

COMPONENTS/FEATURES:

-Rotora forged aluminum alloy 4 and 6-piston racing calipers with sequentially sized piston bores engineered specifically for the new Mitsubishi Evo X.

-Rotora billet aluminum hat with “floating” disc assembly with Rotora’s new anti-rattle racing spring clips pre-loaded to reduce heat related stress and unsprung weight. These rotor hats have a unique nickel plating for a chrome-like finish. This will only be offered on these first Evo X kits!

-Rotora two piece heat treated directional vane disc system to improve airflow/cooling under severe braking. Slotted or drilled & slotted oversize discs at 355mm ensure equal heat dissipation and increase thermal capacity while relieving the disc and brake pad surface free of excess debris.

-Rotora ceramic H2 formulated pads designed for street application with high co-efficient of friction and high temperature fade resistance. (Rotora offers a wide range of ceramic compound pad grades from street to full race). Refer to brake pads section to assist in selection *refer to attached pad chart.

-Rotora DOT compliant stainless steel braided brake lines to improve pedal feel and prevent brake hose expansion.

-Rotora 7075 billet aluminum mounting brackets and hardware to reduce unsprung weight.

OPTIONAL:

Standard Caliper Color: red or metallic blue.

Custom Caliper Color: dark blue, chrome, gunmetal, gold, silver, black, orange, or yellow (lead time of 60 days depending on application).

We are offering these first released kits at $4750 shipped anywhere in the Cont. US. and we are including 2 bottles of Motul RBF600 racing brake fluid to make the package complete. This amounts to a fair savings over retail and insures your Evo will have vastly improved braking performance at the track. Contact us via PM or call 360-450-5537 to get your name on the list as there are only a limited number available and we have them!

Any questions, give us a call, we're happy to help!

Girodisc

Last edited by Girodisc Martin; Nov 4, 2008 at 08:21 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very Nice!
Old Jun 12, 2008, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old Jun 12, 2008, 12:03 PM
Account Disabled

Wow at that price.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
Wow at that price.
Any BBK upgrade is going to cost you, whether it be Rotora, StopTech, Project Mu, etc...

I just want to see some brakes that have been track tested.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Oh damn those look good, but the Brembo's are all I need.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 01:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mightygnu
I just want to see some brakes that have been track tested.
+1

The stock Brembos are more then enough for most people, even for those that track their cars heavily. I'm wary of any offering without tech data to back it up.

There's like 5 vendor announcements/adverts in here for Rotora BBK's.....i thought this was a tech section?

- Andrew
Old Jun 12, 2008, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoXstylin
Oh damn those look good, but the Brembo's are all I need.

Agreed.

Ill bet $100 I can throw on some new pads and some good fluid and lines and perform just as well as an X with this kit.

But for show purposes...these are nice.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTWORX.com
+1

The stock Brembos are more then enough for most people, even for those that track their cars heavily. I'm wary of any offering without tech data to back it up.

There's like 5 vendor announcements/adverts in here for Rotora BBK's.....i thought this was a tech section?

- Andrew
Exactly. I personally rather save the money and just get the GIRODISC upgrade, because we know those are track tested by Ryan(Blacktrack)
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

That's a cute car
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by danielskshin
That's a cute car
That it is. You've done a great job so far with it!
Old Jun 12, 2008, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rguy
Ill bet $100 I can throw on some new pads and some good fluid and lines and perform just as well as an X with this kit.
This is a ridiculous statement, technically these brakes should stop you like you had no business moving in the first place. 6 piston calipers are as big as alot of supercars use. I'm not saying that this kit is necessary, especially for the price, but to say that your 4 piston calipers are going to preform as well as these with pads and fluid is a gross misstatement.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by danielskshin
That's a cute car
Damn you daniel for getting everything I want way before me!!!

HAHA your car looks so sick, can't wait to see it up close and personal in person ...

I'll remember to bring some microfiber towels and quick detail spray though ...

Don't want to leave water spots from all my tears of jealousy and drool of envy all over you car bro!
Old Jun 12, 2008, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cow town racer
This is a ridiculous statement, technically these brakes should stop you like you had no business moving in the first place. 6 piston calipers are as big as alot of supercars use. I'm not saying that this kit is necessary, especially for the price, but to say that your 4 piston calipers are going to preform as well as these with pads and fluid is a gross misstatement.
+1. I have Rotora's 6-piston front 4-piston rear kit on my IX and it's crazy how fast it'll stop you. I have to really watch how hard I hit the pedal because if I'm not careful it'll stop you a little TOO fast

Now, my dad has a Rotora 6-piston 4-piston kit on his Z06 (which is virtually the same as stock, I believe the stock rotors are a tiny bit smaller) and on a track test the Rotora outperformed the stock Z06 brakes just slightly.

But, when Rotora comes out with their carbon ceramic rotors... heh heh heh heh

- Patrick
Old Jun 12, 2008, 06:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I see I need to clarify a few things. The stock front rotors, and for that matter the MR rotors, are pillar vane design and really heavy. As proven by Ryan and others here they are NOT track worthy. They overheat badly and crack early. To put a finer point on it, they are not track worthy for someone capable of running all out. If you are a novice or light duty weekender they are probably fine for a while. This kit from Rotora has 355mm front rotors that are a curved vane design, floating drive hardware with their new spring clips, aluminum center hat etc. etc. From a heat management standpoint, there is no need to provide some kind of additional data. Look at a comparable car, running a comparable rotor. A good example might be some of the BMW's campaigned by the guys at Evosport. I dare you to go toe-to-toe on the track with one of those... Rotora rotors and calipers, heck some of them are only Rotora caliper upgrades on Rotora stock replacement rotors. We have dyno tested Brembo, Rotora, Racing Brake, DBA and others rotors with one of our development partners that develops Nascar systems. We know what works and what doesn't. That rotor casting is top notch. Enough said.

With regard to our 2-piece stock sized front rotor. The jury is still out. It may work, it may not. Ryan is testing them this weekend at AMS's event. He'll put the hurt on them and report back. My guess is we still have some development to do before we're satisfied. That's why it's called R&D. We'll get there and then we'll have a budget alternative to big brake kits. Another option we are exploring right now is having the front kit from Rotora paired with our 2-piece rear. Alot of people have already done this with the 8 and 9.

I think with what is currently available, and known to work, this is a sweet setup. It's also a great value, made even a little sweeter by us. You can't beat how it looks for sure!

I see this is in the tech section, if a mod wants to move it to the vendor for sale that's cool. Sorry, our bad...

Martin

670HP and Rotora brakes!!

Quick Reply: Rotora BBK, Girodisc has them. Pics inside!