Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

HKS Kansai Euro Spec Suspension Kit & Stabilizer Set

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2008, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HKS Kansai Euro Spec Suspension Kit & Stabilizer Set

This was just announced on July 9 in Japan from HKS Kansai:

http://www.jdmtuningnews.com/articles/7908c.htm

HKS Kansai has announced its new Euro Spec Suspension Kit & Stabilizer Set For Mitsubishi's Lancer Evolution X (CZ4A). The full coilover suspension kit is said to give the EVO a more attractive European style appearance and alleviate low speed rough road feedback found in other options. A comfortable ride, steering wheel response maneuverability and car stability is assured. HKS Kansai said the development time on this kit was pretty long, and the R&D team contributed their data to refine the HKS Hypermax Damper III. The coilovers offer 30 dampening settings and a camber adjustment mechanism by adopting a pillow ball upper mount front (rubber upper mount in the rear). Recommended Height (normal ratio) Front: -35 - -40mm / Rear: -25 - -30mm. Available via mail order. Meanwhile, the Stabilizer Set consists of front and rear sway bars that suppresses body roll during cornering by enhancing rigidity. The retail price for the set is 63,000 yen. Front rigidity ratio: Normal - 100% / Soft - 122% / Hard - 131% ; Rear rigidity ratio: Normal - 100% / Soft - 133% / Hard - 145%. (Kit includes exclusive use bushing attachments)
Old Jul 9, 2008, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

so, July 9th was yesterday for them...can I place the order today (July 9th here) and have them overnighted so I get them this afternoon?
Looks good!
Old Jul 9, 2008, 09:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Ahhh....at least 1 Japanese company is finally getting the message. I wonder if they really can replicate the Euro "feel."

- Andrew
Old Jul 9, 2008, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

when I sit in Euro cars I feel....like I spent too much $.
That could be a new thread....I feel-
Old Jul 9, 2008, 11:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 08EvoXGSR
so, July 9th was yesterday for them...can I place the order today (July 9th here) and have them overnighted so I get them this afternoon?
Looks good!
not going to happen. They will not over-night anything unless all the funds are cleared into their account. Thats just the way Japanese do business.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 02:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 08EvoXGSR
when I sit in Euro cars I feel....like I spent too much $.
That could be a new thread....I feel-
The euro suspension feel is what i meant.....not the techno, cigarettes, too much cologne, etc.

- andrew
Old Jul 28, 2008, 03:04 AM
Account Disabled

Can any vendors on here get these coilovers? If so, can i get a price quote PMed to me shipped to 92503?
Old Jul 28, 2008, 04:33 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Correction, these coilovers have actually not been released to the public yet. We're still awaiting pricing and availability yet HKS Kansai does say they are "coming soon"
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Aug 20, 2008, 02:10 PM
Silver Sponsor

Still have yet to be released but we do have pricing for those who want to start saving! PM for price!
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Aug 20, 2008, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTWORX.com
The euro suspension feel is what i meant.....not the techno, cigarettes, too much cologne, etc.

- andrew

Andrew - you just described guido aka Jersey shores! Except you forgot muscle milk, HGH and protein bars!
Old Aug 20, 2008, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoIXMR
Andrew - you just described guido aka Jersey shores! Except you forgot muscle milk, HGH and protein bars!
JAGA BOMBS
Old Aug 20, 2008, 09:37 PM
Account Disabled

$260,000 yen after tax, so I assume once you add shipping and such these coilovers will easily be ~$2,800? How close am I?
Old Aug 21, 2008, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

is tax 300%? or something?
Old Aug 21, 2008, 09:22 AM
Silver Sponsor

Tax on the Yen is yen price multiplied by 1.05, most often JDM sites post both with and without tax. Your estimate of $2800 dollars is optimistic but there is a lot more to purchasing a JDM part from Japan directly. What you also need to factor in is Import/Export Duty fees and Taxes beyond the Yen sales tax of 5% as explained above. Currency conversion charges as well as wire transfer fees and the time spent processing all of this all add on costs as well

Then you have to determine the prices of shipping the item from the manufacturer to the container loading facility. You also have to pay for the transportation of that item as either a Loose Cargo Load (aka LCL) or you have to price out the cost per item of shipping your own container. If you do not use your own container shipping operation (as we do. we're shipping containers every two weeks on three different boats regardless of how full we get the container) you ship by air freight (rough treatment and rough on your wallet) which is of course the fastest yet least practical way to get your goods. And finally once the item arrives at US customs you have to pay for shipping again, once the item has been cleared through the port of entry to wherever you are, residential addresses being the most expensive to deliver to.

What you have reached at this point is what we call the "landed cost." We here at Bulletproof Automotive are essentially a bulk building team of specialty item brokers to lower these costs and eliminate this hassle for our customers. Almost 10 years in this industry has reduced and refined our procedure from what was once next to impossible to acquire (Mugen for example, wrong crowd but some of you old schoolers remember your first Honda) to what was once 6-12 months and has now finally been refined to the point where we can get you anything from Japan in 8-14 weeks with the only exceptions being a few very high demand brands, Amuse and Varis to name two, taking a little longer and closer to the 3-5 month range.

And if you've read all of this, and want to really get the insiders perspective, the Founder, President, and Owner of our Company, Ben Schaffer wrote a very informative article that can fully educate you on what you should (and by some vendors opinion, shouldn't...) know when purchasing JDM goods from anyone. The direct link to this article can be found, here. Insider’s Buying Tips For Japanese Sourced Products - Another Epic Post

Last edited by BPAuto; Aug 21, 2008 at 09:24 AM. Reason: didn't want to leave anything out...
Old Aug 26, 2008, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

yes, importing from japan or any country for that matter it might seem like an impossibility to someone who has never done it before, but once you have the goods packed up, you hire a good freight forwarder who will get the goods over to US, then local broker with bonded warehouse who will receive the goods, then you clear goods and bam, pick them up...most of these things are transparent to you, if you want, key is to hire a reliable forwarders who use good timely ocean lines, brokers who are responsible, and then of course finding the cheapest option, then you just figure out how much all that stuff costs you as a percentage of the cost of goods you importing.

if you guys import as much as you do, i would venture to guess its become a routine now and is very easy

but yes, these goods can be expensive.

winner then becomes a shop that can keep the costs of goods/import down.

and it should not take more than 6-8 weeks to import something from japan

Originally Posted by BPAuto
Tax on the Yen is yen price multiplied by 1.05, most often JDM sites post both with and without tax. Your estimate of $2800 dollars is optimistic but there is a lot more to purchasing a JDM part from Japan directly. What you also need to factor in is Import/Export Duty fees and Taxes beyond the Yen sales tax of 5% as explained above. Currency conversion charges as well as wire transfer fees and the time spent processing all of this all add on costs as well

Then you have to determine the prices of shipping the item from the manufacturer to the container loading facility. You also have to pay for the transportation of that item as either a Loose Cargo Load (aka LCL) or you have to price out the cost per item of shipping your own container. If you do not use your own container shipping operation (as we do. we're shipping containers every two weeks on three different boats regardless of how full we get the container) you ship by air freight (rough treatment and rough on your wallet) which is of course the fastest yet least practical way to get your goods. And finally once the item arrives at US customs you have to pay for shipping again, once the item has been cleared through the port of entry to wherever you are, residential addresses being the most expensive to deliver to.

What you have reached at this point is what we call the "landed cost." We here at Bulletproof Automotive are essentially a bulk building team of specialty item brokers to lower these costs and eliminate this hassle for our customers. Almost 10 years in this industry has reduced and refined our procedure from what was once next to impossible to acquire (Mugen for example, wrong crowd but some of you old schoolers remember your first Honda) to what was once 6-12 months and has now finally been refined to the point where we can get you anything from Japan in 8-14 weeks with the only exceptions being a few very high demand brands, Amuse and Varis to name two, taking a little longer and closer to the 3-5 month range.

And if you've read all of this, and want to really get the insiders perspective, the Founder, President, and Owner of our Company, Ben Schaffer wrote a very informative article that can fully educate you on what you should (and by some vendors opinion, shouldn't...) know when purchasing JDM goods from anyone. The direct link to this article can be found, here. Insider’s Buying Tips For Japanese Sourced Products - Another Epic Post

Quick Reply: HKS Kansai Euro Spec Suspension Kit & Stabilizer Set