Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Agency Power Rear Adjustable Control Arms for EVO X Released

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2008, 09:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Agency Power Rear Adjustable Control Arms for EVO X Released

Agency Power has been known for their incredible suspension components to make you the fastest on the race track. Without even wasting time, Agency Power has released their new fully adjustable lower control arms for the 2008 and up Mitsubishi EVO X. These control arms replace the factory units on the left and right to give you more adjustability in camber, better steering response, reduced sprung weight, and improved rigidity. The 3 piece Teflon lined spherical rod ends feature aluminum spacers anodized black to ensure a secure fit to the factory connecting points. The center control arm is all CNC machined 6061 aluminum which is then anodized and laser engraved with the Agency Power logo. The center of the control arm features a flat for quick adjustability in the pits. The control arms are extremely strong featuring a thick center with tapered ends. These control arms are available in black, red, silver, or blue. They fit the new 2008 and up Mitsubishi EVO X vehicles.

View the product and info here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/agency-power-rear-adjustable-control-arms-mitsubishi-evo-x-08-p-52681.html

Old Jul 12, 2008, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those look pretty!
Old Jul 12, 2008, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sweet!
what exhaust is that on the car?
Old Jul 12, 2008, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

SICK! PM sent...
Old Jul 13, 2008, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

I have a quick question, why would we need these? Both bolts on the lower arms have eccentrics to adjust the toe and camber with, does the rear arm not offer enough adjustment or is this just one of those things that you really do not need but looks cool?

In other words is there a real reason for these things to exist?
Old Jul 13, 2008, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by VividRacing.com
Agency Power has been known for their incredible suspension components to make you the fastest on the race track. Without even wasting time, Agency Power has released their new fully adjustable lower control arms for the 2008 and up Mitsubishi EVO X. These control arms replace the factory units on the left and right to give you more adjustability in camber, better steering response, reduced sprung weight, and improved rigidity. ...
Originally Posted by USP45
I have a quick question, why would we need these? Both bolts on the lower arms have eccentrics to adjust the toe and camber with, does the rear arm not offer enough adjustment or is this just one of those things that you really do not need but looks cool?

In other words is there a real reason for these things to exist?
I'm not sure how much you know about suspension, but the purpose of these after market units are clearly stated in the OP
Old Jul 13, 2008, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

I know enough about suspention to question their worth which is obviously quite a bit more then you understand. If you look at the first picture at the mounting point on the inner side near the exhaust you will see an eccentric, the front has one as well. Once you reach the limits of the eccentrics any further movement results in toe so any additional movement serves no purpose unless you want some really out of whack toe settings.

Next, unsprung weight, I would like to see how the two pieces add up as compared to each other, but I HIGHLY doubt that there is much of a difference.

Improved rigidity, the only possible improvement would be through the stiffer bushings as the rod is not going to be bending unless the wheel hits something hard enough to bend it.

I am not saying that it would not have a use, but $400 is a lot of money for something that you probably do not need. If you do need it then great, if you want it then all power to you, but you do NOT necissarily need it.

Maybe YOU need to learn a bit about suspention and how the pieces work in relation to each other, and further how you align the rear suspention on an Evo as I HAVE done it so I DO understand how it works.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

*sigh* Clearly I must have offended you in some unintended way, and for that I apologize. Seeing as I'm a stranger to you and you are a stranger to me, I carefully worded my post starting with " I'm not sure how much you know..." which would indicate that ...I'm not sure how much you know.

I'm decently versed in suspension and I know about camber, caster, toe, and suspension geometries, although I'm no engineer and certaintly not an expert. I love to learn, and I thank you for educating me with knowledge I obviously didn't previously possess.

I do know that with the X, weight is an issue so reducing sprung weight is always a plus. Given that they went with 6061 Aluminum, it's safe to reason that it is significantly lighter than stock, although I can't confirm what material was used for the stock piece (which leaves us with AP's word).

I'm also familiar with control arms and where they can be strengthened/stiffened (i.e. the bushings) and again, I doubt that AP would go through the trouble of creating this piece if they couldn't improve on the factory design.

Anyways, Vivid thanks for posting information on another great Agency Power product and I look forward to utilizing it once I'm ready!
Old Jul 13, 2008, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe I took your post in a harsh light, so I will start over. Even being 6061 when compared to a hollow rod, even when steel, that large piece of aluminum can get heavy especially when when combined with the steel end links/spherical rods.

Anyway, these pieces may work or be benificial to some, I do not doubt that but the point is that just because something is made or is available for sale does not mean that everybody needs it. Some might, but many will find it more benificial to spend their money elsewhere.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

I gotcha. Thanks
Old Jul 14, 2008, 08:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by robb86
sweet!
what exhaust is that on the car?
Its the Agency Power as well
Old Jul 15, 2008, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jblade
I'm not sure how much you know about suspension, but the purpose of these after market units are clearly stated in the OP
Perhaps, but for a lot less than $404 you can source the bushings, rod ends and tie rods from elsewhere. I've done it before for another vehicle.