Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Perrin Positive Steering Response System

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2008, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Perrin Positive Steering Response System

Perrin Positive Steering Response System:

http://www.perrinperformance.com/pro...ory=8&model=26

For ~$225 the list of benefits seems reasonable.

How is the daily drivabilty since it would transfer more vibration to the steering wheel? I already have a AMS front motor mount, which was super stiff when I first installed and livable now that I've had it on the car for a few weeks. I have noticed some rear end squirm under braking if not slowing down in a perfect surface or slightly turning the wheel. We all know how sensitive our steering is already so has anyone put this mod to the test and does it really make that much difference? I also see a zero caster version that won't require an alignment, but if the caster really helps a ton then $80-$100 for an alignment seems worthwhile.

Last edited by Hiboost; Aug 16, 2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 on the mod. I've been looking at it...but not sure if its really a "need" for my set up. I wonder if any of the VIII and IX guys have it on.....
Old Aug 17, 2008, 10:45 AM

I've only read on people who track their cars put this on. It helped their track times but never heard anyone running it on their DD. But for $225, it wouldnt hurt to try on the streets
Old Aug 17, 2008, 03:33 PM

its comparable to the "anti-lift kit" for the subaru world. it basically makes your turn-in a little more sharp. i have it on my wrx and its a nice mod. kind of a bcith to install but i thought it was worth the little it costs. my kit isnt a perrin, but a whiteline. they have street and strip models. i have no idea what the perrin one is like.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

I might have to try this mod out. Thanks for bringing it to my attention
Old Aug 20, 2008, 03:26 AM
Evolving Member

in for feedback and info...

I plan on tracking my car and the benefits sound worth it.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 08:44 AM
Former Sponsor

hey guys,

The effects on everyday drivability is subjective but in my opinion it is not that big of a bother for me. If you are sensetive to NVH then you should get another car than an Evo, haha JK

The only draw back for the PSRS with the added caster is for guys with large/wide aggressive wheels and tires might run into a rubbing situation when turning. The rubbing is usually on the front part of the inner fender liner.

I am finally installing this part on my own Evo IX this week and will give you more drivability feed back as I drive my Evo every day.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds good, more feedback is always helpfull when deciding on mods.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

I spoke to an instructor up at BIR on Monday (fun track day....). He and his kids run the set up on their track cars...ang they hate it. It basically changes the 10:1 steering into 1:10. With a 2.3 lock to lock, no one there said I could come close to using in it (and I track 2-3 times a month). It makes the turn-in super sensitive....I trust the guys opinion, and he drove my car, knows what my set up is...and said save the $.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 08:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 08EvoXGSR
I spoke to an instructor up at BIR on Monday (fun track day....). He and his kids run the set up on their track cars...ang they hate it. It basically changes the 10:1 steering into 1:10. With a 2.3 lock to lock, no one there said I could come close to using in it (and I track 2-3 times a month). It makes the turn-in super sensitive....I trust the guys opinion, and he drove my car, knows what my set up is...and said save the $.
Good feedback, everyone has different needs and wants with their car/race car. This is exactly why we created the part with Zero offset also.

John L
Old Feb 26, 2009, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

OK, so this thread has been dead for 6 months...

Anybody try PSRS on their X yet?
Old Jan 21, 2010, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Bump, I could really use some input on if this mod is worth it for a daily driver and a car that sees a road course maybe 5-10 days a year. I'm running the 2010 One Lap of America this year and possibly the zero offset kit might be the best compromise with most of the benefits.

Any feedback or reviews would be great!
Old Jan 21, 2010, 08:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The other option would be the whiteline front control arm bushing, which is poly and probably a little more forgiving on the street.

though i am a fan of the caster the perrin kit can give you.

you could also run the vorshlag camber plates which add a ton of caster by themselves.....

- andrew
Old Jan 22, 2010, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

get it and post a review! it'll be the perfect driving experience all around to compare it vs. the stock part.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTWORX.com
The other option would be the whiteline front control arm bushing, which is poly and probably a little more forgiving on the street.

though i am a fan of the caster the perrin kit can give you.

you could also run the vorshlag camber plates which add a ton of caster by themselves.....

- andrew
get it and post a review! it'll be the perfect driving experience all around to compare it vs. the stock part.
Ok I'll look at the Whiteline versus Perrin and go with one for testing. Since I already have camber plates I probably won't mess with them to get caster adjustment as well. I'm thinking the car turns in exellent already and don't want it to get TOO jumpy.

Quick Reply: Perrin Positive Steering Response System