Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Taking CONCAVE to a whole new level **Rota GRID 18x9.5**

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2009, 04:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hyper Silver just came out of production. This is a color a few members on EvoM requested in our Rota Custom Order thread here
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ls-colors.html

We received enough interest from the community and had this color made on the Grid wheels. These will be in stock soon as with the rest of the Grid wheels that we stock. Hyper Silver is a really neat color, it has a similar paint process to Hyper Black however it receives more Hyper coating to give a Silver finish. The black beneath the Hyper coating still comes through a bit to give it a great look!

-Dan
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:41 PM

I'm totally glad I requested the Hyper Silver instead of just going with the Hyper Black. Those look fantastic.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 12:30 AM
Evolving Member

post up some pics when you get them on.. i am trying to figure out if i want gunmetal, gold, hyperblack, matteblack or the hypersilvers on my GG.. too many choices lol

Also, how will a 245 40 look on these rims for awhile? i will prob put my stock tires on them till i buy some new treads later.

edit-- actually i read back through the whole post and notice the 245 will fit.. Any pics of how stretched it will look? Dont wanna look like a lowrider with donut wheels

Last edited by rageagtm; Feb 18, 2009 at 12:41 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

I can't wait, do you still expect to receive the at the end of this month?
Old Feb 21, 2009, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

damn those look sweet!
Old Feb 23, 2009, 04:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rageagtm
edit-- actually i read back through the whole post and notice the 245 will fit.. Any pics of how stretched it will look? Dont wanna look like a lowrider with donut wheels
245/40/18 stock tires will fit on the wheels with a slight sidewall stretch. A majority of our customers are running stock tires as their tires usually have very low miles.
Originally Posted by Huge
I can't wait, do you still expect to receive the at the end of this month?
Hyper Silver is just a couple weeks away, expected arrival is early March

-Dan
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:12 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
got some flat black ones i will post pics soon....they are really really nice and an amazing deal. they are much more concaved then my +22 gtr te37s that were also 18X9.5 I will get some pics and with a good pull in the rear and a yank on the front fenders and some decent camber with a nice drop and it will squeeze in some 265 35 18 ao48s no problem.....and btw i always remove my front fender liners so don't ask me about that lol. and i gotta say flat black on black looks sick! thanks again dan!
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Feb 23, 2009, 11:40 PM
Evolving Member

whats current stock on hyperblack and flatblack 18x9.5? still cant decide on which colors.. lol.. those seem the most logical but i have this picture in my head of gold or hypersilver on my GG looking sick.. Though i would love to see hyper black on my GG too.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 02:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evodave
got some flat black ones i will post pics soon....they are really really nice and an amazing deal. they are much more concaved then my +22 gtr te37s that were also 18X9.5 I will get some pics and with a good pull in the rear and a yank on the front fenders and some decent camber with a nice drop and it will squeeze in some 265 35 18 ao48s no problem.....and btw i always remove my front fender liners so don't ask me about that lol. and i gotta say flat black on black looks sick! thanks again dan!
I'm glad you are happy with the wheels I can't wait to see pictures of your ride with the new setup Dave!
Originally Posted by D420mac
bump
Thanks for the bump
whats current stock on hyperblack and flatblack 18x9.5? still cant decide on which colors.. lol.. those seem the most logical but i have this picture in my head of gold or hypersilver on my GG looking sick.. Though i would love to see hyper black on my GG too.
Flat Black is in stock and ready to ship, Hyper Black will be back in stock late next week. We are taking pre-orders for Hyper Black as this is a very popular color, most of the next shipment is already pre-sold so let me know ASAP if this is a color you are interested in.

-Dan
Old Feb 28, 2009, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

Im having the itch....
Old Feb 28, 2009, 11:40 PM

Sorry if this has been asked, but these gonna be availible in 19's in the future?
Old Mar 1, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WheelDude.com
I'm glad you are happy with the wheels I can't wait to see pictures of your ride with the new setup Dave!

Thanks for the bump

Flat Black is in stock and ready to ship, Hyper Black will be back in stock late next week. We are taking pre-orders for Hyper Black as this is a very popular color, most of the next shipment is already pre-sold so let me know ASAP if this is a color you are interested in.
Man i would love to see hyperblack on a PB evox...
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cleanIX
Sorry if this has been asked, but these gonna be availible in 19's in the future?

Like to know the same. Also, sorry to keep asking but I am getting closer to ordering haha. Gold and flat black stock status? If 19" are coming I will order asap as long as the concave stays the same lol.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 11:23 AM
Former Sponsor

19" Grids are not planned as of right now and if it does happen it would not be until late 2009.

Like to know the same. Also, sorry to keep asking but I am getting closer to ordering haha. Gold and flat black stock status?
Flat Black as well as a wide variety of other colors are in stock and ready to ship. Gold did recently sell out but more are incoming, ETA is ~1.5-2 months as of right now.

-Dan

Quick Reply: Taking CONCAVE to a whole new level **Rota GRID 18x9.5**