Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Taking CONCAVE to a whole new level **Rota GRID 18x9.5**

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tag for a 19 as well
Old Sep 22, 2009, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I wanted to take a minute and thank Dan at wheeldude.com for taking care of me with a great set of wheels/ tire combo. Lana needed new shoes for her return to the streets. I will be documenting the wheels performance at the track. I will be detuning the car slightly and will be running it at the track with a full street tire. Super professional and very prompt btw. I will take pics of the car in its completed form in a few weeks. Just getting the last few details worked out. Anyways, thank you very much Dan for a great looking wheel at a great price and for being truly professional. No more tirerack for me
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by turbotime
is there any word on the torque or grid coming out in a 19x9.5?... I found a few posts online with talks about the torque in a 19 coming but nothing about the grind...
The Torque and Grid are not coming out in 19" fitment at this time.
Originally Posted by Most-Wanted
I wanted to take a minute and thank Dan at wheeldude.com for taking care of me with a great set of wheels/ tire combo. Lana needed new shoes for her return to the streets. I will be documenting the wheels performance at the track. I will be detuning the car slightly and will be running it at the track with a full street tire. Super professional and very prompt btw. I will take pics of the car in its completed form in a few weeks. Just getting the last few details worked out. Anyways, thank you very much Dan for a great looking wheel at a great price and for being truly professional. No more tirerack for me
No problem Brian Thanks for the kind words! I can't wait to see this setup on your ride, it's going to look amazing

-Dan
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Hyper Black and Gloss Black Finishes

Posted an inquiry of the finish make and durability of ROTA GRIDS (in particular HYPER BLACK & GLOSS BLACK, can you please respond here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...el-owners.html

Thanks
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:21 PM

Nice looking wheel and alternative to Volk.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 05:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Flat Gun Metal is now out of production and will be in stock soon We are taking pre-orders to reserve incoming sets (PM for more details)

Rota Grid 18x9.5 +20 Flat Gun Metal *NEW*

Originally Posted by lKoRTy
pics of flat gun metal?
See above hehe

-Dan
Old Oct 5, 2009, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WheelDude.com
Flat Gun Metal is now out of production and will be in stock soon We are taking pre-orders to reserve incoming sets (PM for more details)

Rota Grid 18x9.5 +20 Flat Gun Metal *NEW*

See above hehe

-Dan
PM Price for Local Pick-Up! Est. Date when they would be available as well!
Old Oct 5, 2009, 10:36 PM

Those look pretty good
Old Oct 5, 2009, 11:23 PM

Just received my flat black Grids today, and pictures do not do justice to the concave! I must speak up on their customer service...Dan gets things taken care of. Thanks guys, would buy again from you in a heartbeat!

Old Oct 6, 2009, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

I'm between choosing the DPTs or Grids for an MR. I want to use 255/40/18 or 265/35/18 on Swift spring lowering (1.0/.6) and I do not want to roll the fenders. May be interested in green Grids.

What are your thoughts and which wheel is lighter?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by razkal
I'm between choosing the DPTs or Grids for an MR. I want to use 255/40/18 or 265/35/18 on Swift spring lowering (1.0/.6) and I do not want to roll the fenders. May be interested in green Grids.

i got a set of dpt for sale check my signature got it from Dan thanks for the hook up but it now time to go for wider rims lol

Last edited by EVOX08; Oct 6, 2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

These look f**king sweet.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 04:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by HR2L
PM Price for Local Pick-Up! Est. Date when they would be available as well!
Flat Gun Metal just arrived in the US and will be unloaded from our container in the coming days. I'll be sure to PM you once they are here in our shop so you can swing by and check them out
Originally Posted by Porkskins
Just received my flat black Grids today, and pictures do not do justice to the concave! I must speak up on their customer service...Dan gets things taken care of. Thanks guys, would buy again from you in a heartbeat!
No problem Emerson! Glad you are happy with the new wheels, they definiately have a lot of concave

I do not recommend the 255/40/18 tire size for an Evo X, this tire size is a bit tall and will rub at full lock turns (due to the tall height, will scrub near your sideskirt). I highly recommend 265/35/18 tires for both the Grid and DPT. We have tons of customers running this exact setup with Swift lowering springs and there is no rubbing 99% of the time The Rota DPT is our lightest 18x9.5 wheel however the Grid and Torque aren't too far behind

-Dan
Old Nov 12, 2009, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WheelDude.com
Flat Gun Metal just arrived in the US and will be unloaded from our container in the coming days. I'll be sure to PM you once they are here in our shop so you can swing by and check them out

No problem Emerson! Glad you are happy with the new wheels, they definiately have a lot of concave

I do not recommend the 255/40/18 tire size for an Evo X, this tire size is a bit tall and will rub at full lock turns (due to the tall height, will scrub near your sideskirt). I highly recommend 265/35/18 tires for both the Grid and DPT. We have tons of customers running this exact setup with Swift lowering springs and there is no rubbing 99% of the time The Rota DPT is our lightest 18x9.5 wheel however the Grid and Torque aren't too far behind

-Dan
Thanks Dan!!!

Super Stoked!!! Let me know, been waiting for these for a bit. It will be perfect timing, as my Zeal Function T coilovers will be arriving from japan (been waiting 3 months now).
Old Nov 12, 2009, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grid=22.5 lbs.

DPT=20.9 lbs

Quick Reply: Taking CONCAVE to a whole new level **Rota GRID 18x9.5**