Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

PROPER tire inflation pressures/rules of thumb

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PROPER tire inflation pressures/rules of thumb

Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone has any more "detailed" guidelines for tire inflation, (especially those that aren't using stock rubber), other than, see the sticker on the door panel.

Example: The max pressure rating of our stock A13's are 44 or 45 PSI if I remember correctly. Sticker says 32PSI inflation. Ok...no problem there. Now what if I put on different tires that have a 55PSI max pressure? Should I be sticking to the 32PSI? Or the equivalent percentage of max pressure? i.e. 32/44 = approx 72-73 percent. 73% of 55 would be about 39-40 PSI. That seems a little high to me...

verkion
Old Nov 13, 2008, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

It doesn't matter what the max pressure of the tire is. Just ignore that. You shouldn't ever even be close to that pressure.

Run your Evo X at 32 all around on the street. More than that will give you a rough ride, less than that will lower your MPG. Of course, tire pressures fluctuate with temperature, so make sure you set the pressures cold in the morning.

--michael
Old Nov 20, 2008, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

I have an entire guide based on load ratings somewhere. I'll scan it ASAP and the accompanying guideline sets and post them.