Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Gauging interest.....EVO X suspension parts from GTWorx

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2009, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you were to do this, what would be your time table? Would you have them ready by spring for the start of track season?
Old Jan 24, 2009, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

I would like to see some well thought out drop springs that are around 1-1&1/4" and camber plates. I don't want to go full coilover when I never hit track days, and I like being able to switch shocks without any downtime.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Bumping for more interest
-Pat
Old Jan 26, 2009, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think a customizable setup in which one of the settings is exactly the same as Stock would be wonderful. The stock setup is a great balance between DD and track setup. Having this as one of the settings would allow us to play around for a firmer/softer setup without loosing the capability to return to stock condition.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would love lowering springs that don't drop the car too much, for example 1 and half inches max, has correct spring rates, and either evens the car's height or has the front a tad bit lower. Matching sway bars would be great as well.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Is it asking too much if I wanted a spring that is lower but doesn't decrease the performance of the ev?
Old Jan 26, 2009, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

i've been waiting on a good set of springs, i love how the eibachs look but i've gotten burned by eibach on my 2g DSM after 1 year they went to ****, i wont buy them again..
Old Jan 26, 2009, 09:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MrBonus
If you were to do this, what would be your time table? Would you have them ready by spring for the start of track season?
Depending on interest and availability of a test car, maybe.

I would LOVE to have a GTWorx Spring and Swaybars set with optional camber plates for a good price.

Springs would be a mild drop, and when i say mild i mean like 15mm. I have a feeling anything more than that and damper travel and geometry both go whack quickly. I will try and keep everyone as involved as possible on tech info as I can.

Most likely parts will be springs and swaybars. In the past the interest is just not there for the Evo for front and rear swaybars when compared to STI, but i think the new car is a bit different.

Coilovers we'll have to wait and see. We can at least do custom sets of ASTs, but our completely custom Racecomp Tarmac II's made by KW for the STi probably won't be available for the EVO.

- andrew
Old Jan 26, 2009, 09:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Oh and thanks for the interest! Keep the suggestions coming. This is definitely the kind of response i was hoping for.

- Andrew
Old Jan 26, 2009, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

If you had the springs you describe availible today, I would call tomorrow. When would you expect them to be done? I want to make the change in march or april when I change back to summer setup.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 03:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTWORX.com
Oh and thanks for the interest! Keep the suggestions coming. This is definitely the kind of response i was hoping for.

- Andrew

I'm more interested in geometry correction bits, similar to the front roll center kit and rear toe kit for the VIII's and IX's, mainly because there are already a lot of options for coilovers on the market.

As for coilovers.... custom set of KW V3's would be where it's at mainly because of the independent bump and rebound adjustment which is needed to tune the handling to the drivers liking.

I'm also in the market for a set of adjustable bars front and rear.

Last edited by Mad_SB; Jan 27, 2009 at 03:41 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
fixed or adjustable camber plates that work with the stock upper bearing!
Old Jan 27, 2009, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you need a car to use for development I am only 15 mins away from you guys and I do not drive it daily. =)
Old Jan 27, 2009, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
15mm doesn't sound like enough of a drop. I understand that stock shocks might not be able to handle it, but if your springs offer a more aggressive spring rate and a little bit more drop than 15mm, I wouldn't mind upgrading my shocks once they blow.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

15mm ends up being around .6 inches. that is just a little higher than the swifts in the front and the same as the swifts in the back and I think those look great. So the upside is that you get a drop that looks better than stock, but still enough clearance for the winter (notice you are in the N East) and leave enough functional range for the OEM struts to work well (read the review of the Swifts...at 1inch, the front is dropped too much for the dampers to work well).

Increased spring rates only help until you run out of functional damper travel...after that it is all spring which makes you bounce....so not just an issue of wear on the struts.

Quick Reply: Gauging interest.....EVO X suspension parts from GTWorx