Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Gauging interest.....EVO X suspension parts from GTWorx

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2009, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tend to agree with your 'function over form' approach which will set your offering apart from most (if not all) lowering spring options currently on the market. If you can reduce or ideally get rid of the issues I described in my SWIFT spring review, I'd be happy to place an order and replace my SWIFTS.

You may wish to consider documenting and sharing some of your R&D processes which should help convince people who are interested in this approach.

J
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:44 PM

A set of springs that mildly lower the car (1/2") is what I'd like to purchase in the next 2 months or so, but I'm not really happy with the options out there at the moment.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 01:48 AM
Evolved Member

Where in Cleveland are you? I am between Akron and Cleveland.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 08:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey guys this is Myles. I dont post much because I have left the Evo world to Andrew and I think he has done a great job too !! Anyway, I just wanted to say that we would love to produce all kinds of parts for the Evo. My racing and driving experiences and working with Porsches over the years has inspired me to produce some of the Subaru parts for that market and we would like to do that more so with the Evo market......BUT like anything else its about numbers. IF we get enough interest, we will do most anything, but alot of times that interest is surface and or by the time you produce it....the interest has simmered.

So let Andrew know what you desire and like always we will take those request and gauge the interest and see if we can make it happen.

Thanks for all the GTWORX spring sales btw.

Myles Williams
Racecomp Engineering LLC./GTWORX.com
Old Feb 2, 2009, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Bump for this. Anyone else interested? We could definitely use some other options for Evo X suspension products.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

MR specific springs please.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 02:52 PM
Former Sponsor

We will put both the MR Bilsteins and the GSR KYB's on a shock dyno and if it's needed it we'll make a separate spring. We did this for our 8 and 9 springs and it was not needed.

On that note....who wants to send us their dampers so we can dyno them?

- Andrew
Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Camber plates are a strong possibility. This is something we could have soon if the interest is there. Camber plates were the first part we ever made back in the day....kind of a thing for us.

Springs....I need to get my hands on some shocks, dyno them, take some measurements and do a lot of testing. These will take the most work.

Swaybars are doable as well. Just need to gather some info to help pick a size (then confirm fitment and do standard testing, etc). I'm thinking a nice medium size.....something that works well with stock springs, aftermarket springs, or coilovers. Not too big that you'll be lifting a wheel and/or making your car a solid axle suspension, but not too small that it's hardly different from stock. Oh and front + rear adjustable.

Any thoughts?

- Andrew
Old Feb 11, 2009, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTWORX.com
Camber plates are a strong possibility. This is something we could have soon if the interest is there. Camber plates were the first part we ever made back in the day....kind of a thing for us.

Springs....I need to get my hands on some shocks, dyno them, take some measurements and do a lot of testing. These will take the most work.

Swaybars are doable as well. Just need to gather some info to help pick a size (then confirm fitment and do standard testing, etc). I'm thinking a nice medium size.....something that works well with stock springs, aftermarket springs, or coilovers. Not too big that you'll be lifting a wheel and/or making your car a solid axle suspension, but not too small that it's hardly different from stock. Oh and front + rear adjustable.

Any thoughts?

- Andrew
Yes, have the sway bars ready by early May.

Old Feb 13, 2009, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm all up for .7 drops in front and .9-1.0 rear drops. I don't want the front to drop too low where my car is shoveling snow in Chicago winter's.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 09:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MrBonus
Yes, have the sway bars ready by early May.

Now i just need an EVO X to show up at RCE on a Friday and let me borrow their stock swaybars for a couple of weeks. The car won't handle THAT badly without swaybars.

Really though, if anyone has a line on stock swaybars for dirt cheap, or better yet free with a discount on our GTWorx sways, it would be really cool. Just putting it out there.

- Andrew
Old Feb 18, 2009, 10:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jona31
I tend to agree with your 'function over form' approach which will set your offering apart from most (if not all) lowering spring options currently on the market. If you can reduce or ideally get rid of the issues I described in my SWIFT spring review, I'd be happy to place an order and replace my SWIFTS.

You may wish to consider documenting and sharing some of your R&D processes which should help convince people who are interested in this approach.

J
I will definitely keep this in mind and document as much R&D as I'm able to. I'll be able to give reasons for why we decided on the specs we did.

- Andrew
Old Feb 18, 2009, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We will put both the MR Bilsteins and the GSR KYB's on a shock dyno and if it's needed it we'll make a separate spring. We did this for our 8 and 9 springs and it was not needed.

On that note....who wants to send us their dampers so we can dyno them?

- Andrew
I have a full spare set of KYBs (I had put Bilsteins on). Make me an offer I can't refuse
Old Feb 19, 2009, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Now i just need an EVO X to show up at RCE on a Friday and let me borrow their stock swaybars for a couple of weeks. The car won't handle THAT badly without swaybars.

Really though, if anyone has a line on stock swaybars for dirt cheap, or better yet free with a discount on our GTWorx sways, it would be really cool. Just putting it out there.

- Andrew
If I wasn't working 7 days/week, I'd let you borrow my whole car for a few weeks.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

I have the GSR stock coilover sitting in my garage, so PM me if interested!

Quick Reply: Gauging interest.....EVO X suspension parts from GTWorx