Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Alignment

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2009, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea i have noticed that as well, and sometime when in the left lane it will pull where right lane wont. My problem was that i tried it in ever lane, different highways, different speeds and even in the right lane it changes lanes automatically to the left lane and when its in the left lane it pulls even worse to the left. Also these roads are ones i know and never noticed this before. Thanks for everyone's responses.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qu evox
Yea i have noticed that as well, and sometime when in the left lane it will pull where right lane wont. My problem was that i tried it in ever lane, different highways, different speeds and even in the right lane it changes lanes automatically to the left lane and when its in the left lane it pulls even worse to the left. Also these roads are ones i know and never noticed this before. Thanks for everyone's responses.
The only straight road you should try it out on is a drag strip or something of that sort that you know can be certified to be straight and level. Most public road are designed to be higher in the center to keep rain water from remaining stagnant on the road, creating a dangerous situation for the drivers.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

im goign to be getting the car looked at this weekend. I will post up with what was wrong as soon as i figure it out.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:18 PM

what are the OEM specs for an alignment
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:25 PM

A touch off? Just leave it alone..its fine
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

I noticed that same thing in my X, except mine goes off to the right.
I think it's just the sensitivity brought by the wheels and tires with crappy roads, unless you really have an alignment problem.

I realized that while driving on a perfectly level road, my X went perfectly straight. No matter how off the right it felt a few seconds ago, going back onto a level road set it straight.

I'm no expert by any means, but I felt this type of difference on my previous subaru and VW. The second I put wider and skinnier tires on them with new rims, it felt misaligned depending on the road surface.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

I just got a custom alignment at a reputable shop front end shop. Afterwards, I noticed the steering wheel is a touch off to the right and the car pulls slightly to the left. It seems this is a somewhat common occurrence here, but should I be concerned? I haven't had the chance to call the shop or stop by again, but I probably will within the next few days.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by macPSU
I just got a custom alignment at a reputable shop front end shop. Afterwards, I noticed the steering wheel is a touch off to the right and the car pulls slightly to the left. It seems this is a somewhat common occurrence here, but should I be concerned? I haven't had the chance to call the shop or stop by again, but I probably will within the next few days.
I've had this happen. When they set the wheel straight they eyeball it and "lock" it using a tool. My guy was eyeballing it incorrectly and I had to show him how I wanted

Also! get the front toe set, then turn the car on! On my car, when the car is on, the toe drifts. We end up setting the toe as well as we can with the car on because of it. Also we set the toe and camber up with me in the car because I weigh too much Most shops won't do this for you though.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bear.914
I belive its now standard on most new cars to do this something to do with a case of a driver falling asleep behing the wheel and the wheel slightliy to the left will make the car swirve,I know it sounds stupid but its not the only car.I thought my alignment was also off untill I was told what I just mentiond this came from a tech at a dealer.
I'd like to shoot down this theory real quick.

Why would an auto manufacturer make a car go slightly to the left, INTO ONCOMING TRAFFIC?
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Webman
I'd like to shoot down this theory real quick.

Why would an auto manufacturer make a car go slightly to the left, INTO ONCOMING TRAFFIC?
I also don't understand this theory. If anything, USDM cars should veer slightly to the right, to send you off into the woods/guardrail where you have less of a chance to run into anyone else.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
JDM alignment specs?

I've had one guy tell me that they align for a pull to the left to compensate for the crown in the road. I told him race tracks are flat, so my stuff better be straight (I don't go back there any more).
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

My alignment is mad JDM yo.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

this is the same problem the 08-09 lancers have if you look in the forum theres many posts for it. unfortunately many lancer owners myself included have taken our cars to stealerships to waste time. they all say the checked the car and that theres nothing wrong. my car to this day pulls to the left on the highway
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

When I got my alignment, the tech told me that no matter what they did, they couldn't get the alignment to straighten out, there was always a slight drift to the left. Something about a spherical ball joint somewhere, and that an elliptical joint was needed but there is no solution out for it yet? I don't know suspension at all, and I took these comments with a grain of salt anyway.