Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

KW V3 question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2009 | 09:55 PM

KW V3 question

Hello,

Just curious if anyone that had KW V3s on an Evo X could answer a question for me. Where are the adjustors?

On my M Roadster and my S2000, the rebound adjustors were at the top and the compression adjustors were at the bottom, through a slit in the strut/shock body.

On the EvoX, how do you reach the rear adjustors? And, how are are the front compression adjustors to get to?

Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2009 | 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

^ its about the same..Im searching now is how to adjust them.
I had mine installed and I feel its much stiffer ride. i want to soften it a bit more.

Question.. what are rebound adjustments and compression adjustment?
Old Feb 26, 2009 | 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

I just had it adjusted at ViP status in Torrance!
Oh man, I love the KW3..dropped but OEM ride!
Old Feb 26, 2009 | 04:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kitw
On my M Roadster and my S2000, the rebound adjustors were at the top and the compression adjustors were at the bottom, through a slit in the strut/shock body.
That's it for the rear.

Compression up front is adjusted with an allen key on the bottom of the strut. You just gotta get down and reach your hand around the tire with the allen key.

My biggest problem with KWs is that I sometimes can't "feel" or hear the clicks as well as I'd like to. So when I'm adjusting customer's cars I have to yell at everyone in the shop to keep it down.

In the long run, it's a pretty minor problem and greatly outweighed by the quality of the valving, suspension travel, build quality, etc.

- andrew
Old Feb 26, 2009 | 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by GTWORX.com
That's it for the rear.

Compression up front is adjusted with an allen key on the bottom of the strut. You just gotta get down and reach your hand around the tire with the allen key.

My biggest problem with KWs is that I sometimes can't "feel" or hear the clicks as well as I'd like to. So when I'm adjusting customer's cars I have to yell at everyone in the shop to keep it down.

In the long run, it's a pretty minor problem and greatly outweighed by the quality of the valving, suspension travel, build quality, etc.

- andrew

Thanks for the info, Andrew. Do you know if it's a straight shot from anywhere down to the rear adjustor or do you just need to do it by feel? Could a koni adjustor work, like something like this:

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/cat...t.cfm?focus=45

Yeah, the s2000's compression adjustors were much easier to count since it didn't click, you just counted quarter turns (and the little window was only 1/4 turn wide)

the M roadster was weird, one shock clicked pretty audibly, the other one you couldn't hear but you could feel. I was a little disappointed by this, but it wasn't real hard to adjust them.
Old Feb 26, 2009 | 09:58 PM

Oh, also... will the stock KW knob fit on top of the rear shock? I guess the question is, do I need to pull off the shock to adjust it or can I get the knob on there, as long as I take out the trunk panel?
Old Feb 26, 2009 | 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kitw
Oh, also... will the stock KW knob fit on top of the rear shock? I guess the question is, do I need to pull off the shock to adjust it or can I get the knob on there, as long as I take out the trunk panel?
on the KW, its a PITA to make some adjustments and you cannot adjust the top ones for the dampning (rear) since you have a little room even you take of the rear seats and trunk panel. Yeah, you need to pull it off...

Last edited by markg1018; Feb 27, 2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2009 | 10:37 AM
Former Sponsor

It is kind of a pain to reach the rear rebound adjuster. Dan in the office made extenders for his STI that came through the seat cushions, might be possible to do the same to have extenders that are easy to reach from the trunk for the EVO.

- Andrew
Old Feb 27, 2009 | 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Andrew, yeah what did you guys use for the extenders to adjust the rear?
thanks!

Last edited by markg1018; Feb 28, 2009 at 06:44 PM.