Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

EVO X GSR - Brakes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2009, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jayevo23
yea i got my girodisc brake pads. the $200 package they do stop the car better but they squeal like a pig sometimes when i stop the sound twice as loud and worst than the stock pads. maybe they just need be broken in i dont know
Are these the Magic Pads? I replaced my stock pads about a month ago and the dust is almost zero from daily driving. After starting to tune my new turbo on the street I've had to keep my speeds down quickly after getting the datalog and even doing that they have perfromed quite well with zero noises and light dusting. They aren't track pad braking force but they are excellent street pads so far in my book. Using the stock shims and proper lube can make all the difference in keeping pads quiet.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bedding in brake pads regardless of what type they are help with squealing.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did Hawk Performance Ceramic on my EVO 8, they were real nice replacement for the stock pads. They squeeked a little for like the first 500 miles but stopped after that and were very low dust. I was very pleased with them. When it is time to change out the pads on the EVO 10, I think I shall try the Project MU's though. Good luck....