Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

may new pad brake affect the S-AWC control ?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2009, 04:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by ZK
Here's the post:
Quote:
I would definitely hold off on BBK for EVO, I've used some project mu pads for track, and it does interfere with the awd system. Maybe some street pads will be ok, but with full track pads, it's too aggresive and locks up the rears when the SAWC brakes one side.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/5468668-post7.html
for FYI i use full race endless break pads with break lines and fluids . All from endless and full race , not semi .
I have none ,not even a slightly issue with the SAWC. Even when its raining or snowing or gravel or even dry.

I hope i helped.

Last edited by Robevo RS; May 14, 2009 at 04:12 AM.
Old May 14, 2009, 10:08 AM
ZK
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
for FYI i use full race endless break pads with break lines and fluids . All from endless and full race , not semi .
I have none ,not even a slightly issue with the SAWC. Even when its raining or snowing or gravel or even dry.

I hope i helped.
That may be true but you most likely had the ASC off. Otherwise the car will not let you get sideways.
Old May 14, 2009, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ZK
That may be true but you most likely had the ASC off. Otherwise the car will not let you get sideways.
i'm not driving the car always sideways.
I turn off the SAWC only when i'm racing. SO for spirited drive etc. i leave it on.
ANd we do many spirited mountain runs where the rear could lock up, but the SAWC wont let it happen. That is why they made it.
Old May 14, 2009, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

S-AYC is not using the breaks. It does a TQ transfer between a rear wheels.
The S-AWC use breaks , that is why most people turn it off.
From the manual:
The yaw control function is a function that enhances vehicle cornering performance by controlling the drive power difference of the left and right wheels and the braking force when the vehicle does not turn in response to steering input, such as when the steering wheel is turned quickly, or when driving on slippery road surfaces

Therefore, the AYC system uses both the differential AND brakes.

Originally Posted by goofygrin
not quite correct.
pressing the asc button turns off the fuel cut traction control, but leaves the brake traction control on.

Holding the asc button until the dash dings and gets a thing in the hud (car on a squirrely road) turns the brake traction control off (all 4 brakes).

SAYC is always active as is AWC.
Just to clarify

From the manual:
-By pressing the ASC OFF switch, both the skid control function and the traction control function are turned off
-By pressing down the ASC OFF switch for 3 seconds or longer, you can deactivate the ASC and the braking control of the AYC

So, as you said, the AYC is always active in a differential sense, but the braking portion can be turned off along with ASC.
Old May 14, 2009, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

FYI:
"Active Yaw Control (AYC)

Active Yaw Control uses a torque transfer mechanism in the rear differential to control rear wheel torque differential for different driving conditions and so limit the yaw moment that acts on the vehicle body and enhance cornering performance. AYC also acts like a limited slip differential by suppressing rear wheel slip to improve traction. In its latest form, AYC now features yaw rate feedback control using a yaw rate sensor and also gains braking force control. Accurately determining the cornering dynamics on a realtime basis, the system operates to control vehicle behavior through corners and realize vehicle behavior that more closely mirrors driver intent.[1]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubi...trol_.28AYC.29

" In its latest form, AYC now features yaw rate feedback control using a yaw rate sensor and also gains braking force control."

Means slowing down more /take away more power from the wheel / independently each other the wheels by releasing less tq for the wheel. So the break can work more effectively, if the S-AWC is in function.
But when its turned off it work just as any other previus S_AYC in the evo , like a "smart" LSD.

http://mmna.wieck.com/forms/mmna/fil...E03_AYC_A3.pdf

and for those who cares this is how the S-AWC management looks like:

http://mmna.wieck.com/forms/mmna/fil..._S-AWC2_A3.pdf

I hope it helped for you to better understand the AYC . Simple words the AYC is an advanced LSD. /Limited Slip Differential/

Old May 14, 2009, 08:37 PM

I turn off the SAWC only when i'm racing. SO for spirited drive etc. i leave it on.
ANd we do many spirited mountain runs where the rear could lock up, but the SAWC wont let it happen. That is why they made it.
you are very hot man for all your explanation
I was looking for Endless too but more SS-H for steet class. I wish to change because I hate dust. What do you think about them and wich one you have exactly ?
Old May 14, 2009, 08:39 PM

It's not the good place to discuss about it, but what is the effect when we change the tarmac for snow or gravel ? I'm pretty sure you have a very good explanation.
Old May 15, 2009, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stefnepton
you are very hot man for all your explanation
I was looking for Endless too but more SS-H for steet class. I wish to change because I hate dust. What do you think about them and wich one you have exactly ?
My english is not good. So Through the internet, many times, what i say doesn't sounds a way i want it. I do not want to sound mean or harsh even wise. I have a limited knowledge in english languages so i have to work what i have.
I only try to get or give things out on the forum, that's all. No personal things from me ever , until someone finds me.

But thanks for the honest opinion.
Rob

About the Endless pads.
I have a specially designed pad compound. I do love them , but they wouldn't be good for street.
If you buy endless break parts you can't go wrong with them, period. I had Many different breaks before, like Project MU,Hawk, EBC, Ferodo. The Endless is just simply the best. Well its not cheap, but you get what you pay for.
PM me and i try to help you as much as i can.
Old May 30, 2009, 09:14 PM

thanks a lot,

Which one you have ?
winding - circuit pads : cc-rg, mx-72 or cc-r
or street pads : ss-m, cc-a, ss-y, ss-s or ss-h

?????????

Last edited by stefnepton; May 30, 2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old May 30, 2009, 09:23 PM

bump

Last edited by stefnepton; May 30, 2009 at 09:37 PM.