Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

MR Bilstein vs GSR KYB

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr. Dave
What's the point of modding at all if it's only used on the track.

With that logic anybody who doesn't use their car on the track should be driving a 10 year old beater car. Afterall who needs an even a stock evo's performance on the street. It doesn't matter if you track your car or not....what matters is you make your pride and joy evo into what you desire, whether that's the show route, or the performance route, or just plain stock, do what brings you happiness with your car. I really like the look of a lowered evo, and by the way if I didn't like the look of an evo in the first place I would not have bought one...so if you think lowering it makes it look even better..do it, it doesn't matter if you track it or not. For those who track your car, you do it because that's what brings you happiness, respect and allow others to do what brings them happiness. Everyone has to do what's right for them, not what what you think is right for them.

Ok I'll get off my soap box now.
Do you really need the validation of an Internet forum to modify your car?

It's your time, money, and passion, not mine. Spend it as you please.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrBonus
Do you really need the validation of an Internet forum to modify your car?

It's your time, money, and passion, not mine. Spend it as you please.
God you're lame. Good thing you bought an import tuner car. That way you can go online for the past six years and tell ALL of the other people who the passions for the same import tuner car that somehow they are in the wrong and you, standing almost completely along on the subject of upgrading performance being pointless past the limits you've determined is somehow correct. Then when somebody stands up to your rediculous point you cop out and play the "Do you really need the validation of an Internet forum..." card.

Lame
Lame
Lame
Lame
Old Apr 23, 2009, 04:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrMeaner
God you're lame. Good thing you bought an import tuner car. That way you can go online for the past six years and tell ALL of the other people who the passions for the same import tuner car that somehow they are in the wrong and you, standing almost completely along on the subject of upgrading performance being pointless past the limits you've determined is somehow correct. Then when somebody stands up to your rediculous point you cop out and play the "Do you really need the validation of an Internet forum..." card.

Lame
Lame
Lame
Lame
There isn't a right or wrong. If happiness and automotive enjoyment to you is buying a much of mass marketed parts from the inside cover of an Import magazine because they tell you that you need it, go for it. I simply think you're wasting money that would be better spent on track time to throw parts on your car so that you can only drive the same speed as every other Honda Civic on our public highways.

But hey, it's your money. Throw it away as you please.

Last edited by MrBonus; Apr 23, 2009 at 04:05 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you like squishy suspension and DD over pot holes stick with the stock GSR. If you powerslide every turn and expect to track the car every weekend stick with the MR's setup since they are stiffer than the GSR.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by MrBonus
I agree with this sentiment. Why waste endless amounts of money on parts so you can go get groceries when the car is already far too fast for the street from the factory?
Did you fix the lag in 1st?

On Topic: I'm also debating on upgrading to coilovers or just swap out the springs to reduce body roll.. I really don't care about lowering my car since then I have to start being mindful of curbs when I park.

Last edited by EVOXMR2Go; Apr 23, 2009 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Bad Engrish
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by raytrix
If you like squishy suspension and DD over pot holes stick with the stock GSR. If you powerslide every turn and expect to track the car every weekend stick with the MR's setup since they are stiffer than the GSR.
I test drove the MR and GSR back to back and the MR felt like the cushier/softer setup.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by heavyD
I test drove the MR and GSR back to back and the MR felt like the cushier/softer setup.
thats what i thought too. I never drove the MR but I always thought the MR Bilsteins were more comfortable too..
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by raytrix
i think you may have the two mixed up. the gsr has stiffer settings compared to the mr setup. even mags have written up how the gsr is better set up for track use.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 02:03 PM

Yeah the MR is built for cruising.. Not for slaloms.

This is why I'm wanting to upgrade my suspension so I can kart with my car instead of just cruis.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by shyong
i think you may have the two mixed up. The gsr has stiffer settings compared to the mr setup. Even mags have written up how the gsr is better set up for track use.
+1
Old Apr 23, 2009, 02:15 PM

What would you guys recommend for a good set of adjustable shocks if an MR owner, like me, wanted to upgrade their OEM shocks?
Old Apr 23, 2009, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AHH I guess i got those 2 mixed up. Good call guys. I own a GSR and it feels comfortable to me. I guess it's the matter of opinion for what you guys decide to put springs on. I see it as a brand game vs actual personal feel.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 09:50 PM

I'm selling my JIC FLT-TAR coilover with 3 sets of springs - 10KG, 8KG, and 7KG so that you can find tune the balance of the car, remote adjusters for the rear shocks are also included as it is almost impossible to reach into the strut towers in the rear to adjust these shocks or any shocks.
Please see my post in the Parts For Sale section or here's the direct link to eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...33590&viewitem=

Starting bid is less than half of what I paid for the CO, extra springs, and remote adjusters. These CO's have about 5000 miles on them and are in very good shape. I'm selling because wife now drives the MR and she said the JIC's are too stiff for her and I want the car to ride higher as she doesn't know how to take driveways at an angle so there's no point in keeping the JIC's.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

GSR has a stiffer ride than the MR. it shows on the slalom tests....
i think they posted the actual specs for each struts and spring rates in the forum..... do the research
Old Apr 24, 2009, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MY08GSRX
GSR has a stiffer ride than the MR. it shows on the slalom tests....
i think they posted the actual specs for each struts and spring rates in the forum..... do the research
What forum are the specs for the struts posted in? I'd like to see them.

Quick Reply: MR Bilstein vs GSR KYB