Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Recommended tires?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2009, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evox44
Stock advans are pretty noisy. you got 30 000 miles from a summer tire? in addition you tracked it twice? I don't know how on earth those tires, or any tires, can last that long.
even on a normal car with smooth driving, I really have not gone close to 30,000km w/o a tire change. I guess my next tires are BFG Gforce sports!
Gforce Sports are NOT a summer tire. They are a 320 treadwear all season, regardless of how they may be positioned for sale by the various tire supply chains. Again, if you want the best of both worlds and can afford two sets of wheels and tires, the sports make a decent all around daily driver tire, but they are not even close to the advans or star specs in terms of grip.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

Sumitomo HTR Z III

I like these tires a lot. I have been running them for awhile now. They grip the Road like the yoko OEM tires and feel a lot smoother as well. I think these are going to last me longer then the OEM tires too.

Last edited by EvoLou; Apr 25, 2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 08:23 PM

I have the Nitto NT-05's (265 35 18) and they are awesome