Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Evo X Wheel experts needed!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2009, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X Wheel experts needed!

I've been looking through these threads for over a year now and I've been looking for the right wheels for my RR Evo X. I finally found the style that and look that I've been looking for. However, everywhere I go I keep getting told that they wont fit my car and I know I've seen many of you run similar specs on your cars so I don't know why wheel shops are telling me this. Anyway, I'm here to listen to what you guys have to say. I really want the TSW Cadwell 19 x 9.5 with an offset of +20 will these fit the Evo X? What about clearing the Brembos? Tire sizes? Fender rolling? I'll stop now Again any input is greatly appreciated, I know there are a lot of helpful people on this forum. Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails Evo X Wheel experts needed!-tsw_cadwell_gmetal_lg_enlarge.jpg  
Old Apr 30, 2009, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
No one knows because no one has those wheels. They might need a fender roll, but I'd be wary of the brake clearance.

Plus they're heavy and not all that good looking (IMO).
Old Apr 30, 2009, 08:45 AM

If i had to guess your problem would be with brake clearance. but hey, why not go get a test fit some place?
Old Apr 30, 2009, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by monkeywinky
If i had to guess your problem would be with brake clearance. but hey, why not go get a test fit some place?
That's exactly what I wanted to do but most wont let me do it due to liability issues. If I scratch it I buy it. And then they wont let me buy them and return them if they don't fit. (Talk about poor customer service) Anyway, I have done a ton of research on these wheels and the different aspects of wheels in general to get a better understanding on how the different sizes, offsets worked. I'm sure I can get some spacers if needed but as for fender rolling, I don't really know how or any place that does them around here. Thanks for the suggestions so far. I know no one else has these and they seem to be of high quality so that is why I was interested in them. I saw them on a 350 Z and thought they would look great on my X. Keep the comments coming!
Attached Thumbnails Evo X Wheel experts needed!-350zcadwell.jpg  
Old Apr 30, 2009, 12:56 PM

It's hard to tell depth just by looking at a picture but I'm pretty sure that won't clear the brake calipers. The spokes look pretty flush to the PCD.
Old May 3, 2009, 06:11 PM
Former Sponsor

They look like they will be heavier then the stockies. Go light weight...Unless you have MTV Cribs coming to your house.