Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Best price for lowering springs installation?? :(

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2009, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best price for lowering springs installation?? :(

so far ive asked a lot fo places for quotes on just installing my eibach pro-kit springs on my x. the price range that i got was $275+ and that doesn't even include the alignment which you have to figure almost $100 in itself, how could the installation cost a lot more than the part lol i mean i know labor and all that bull, but damn. anyone know of a good place around north jersey that would do this for a reasonable price? i would do it myself but i have no knowledge whatsoever about replacing suspension, along with the fact that i don't have a spring compressor. also, if any fellow evo owners around this area could help me out with this installation il get lunch and a six pack
Old Jul 18, 2009, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

try eurotire, but they're expensive... also by us there's MBRacing.. i think i spoke with a dude here on the forum and he said $250
Old Jul 18, 2009, 10:41 AM
JEP
Evolving Member

Do it yourself I think it is one of the easiest mods to do... Go to advance auto or whatever you have up their and use some of there tools they lone out. You have to pay a deposit but you get a full refund when you bring the spring compressor's back...
Old Jul 18, 2009, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JEP
Do it yourself I think it is one of the easiest mods to do... Go to advance auto or whatever you have up their and use some of there tools they lone out. You have to pay a deposit but you get a full refund when you bring the spring compressor's back...
+1 very easy DIY
Old Jul 18, 2009, 01:29 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zTargeTz
+1 very easy DIY
I beg to differ. This mod is easy for people with a nice collection of tools, spring compressors are a must, and a about 4 hours or more. But it is not impossible. I say do it if you work on a car or have a buddy that did it before. The rears can be tricky.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

if you just live in socal, i can hook you up for a $100,.
$275 is just way too overpriced, after watching the installation, i figured i can do it myself the next time. no need to take out the rear seat.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 04:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$275 does not sound way off. Fronts are super easy but the rears have a lot of stuff to remove (and put back) to get to the nuts. If you figure that a professional shop would do the work in their facilities, with their trained mechanic and their tools at about 3 hours of labor at $80 per hour it's easily $240. Add tax etc and the $275 sounds reasonable. It would have to be a real good friend that would do it for lunch and six pack
Old Jul 18, 2009, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

KevinD from Evolution Dynamics here in Dallas can do it for 100.00 bucks. Obviously your not in Dallas, but it may give you some bargaining power.

http://www.evodynamics.com/
Old Jul 18, 2009, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lowkey
$275 does not sound way off. Fronts are super easy but the rears have a lot of stuff to remove (and put back) to get to the nuts. If you figure that a professional shop would do the work in their facilities, with their trained mechanic and their tools at about 3 hours of labor at $80 per hour it's easily $240. Add tax etc and the $275 sounds reasonable. It would have to be a real good friend that would do it for lunch and six pack
as ive said, you dont need to remove the rear seats in order for you to get to the nuts. just remove the plastic panel inside the trunk and you can see it on each side.
i dont know with you brodah, but for me spring install for that amount is ripping someones pocket off. i had mine installed for $100 in a shop too and only one person did it for less than 2 hrs.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

If you were closer I'd say bring it on over and I wouldnt even charge you a 6 pack... I'd supply the beer. If you want to take it on yourself, there are 2 tools that a must needed. Spring compressors (AutoZone 27036 $50 to rent, and an impact gun, either electric or air). Everything else is just time.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 09:24 PM

Ha, I've only checked with one local performance shop to see how much they want to install my Swift Springs and they quoted me $315 (without alignment). That is in Denver tho
Old Jul 19, 2009, 05:05 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You do not need a impact gun to the springs. I did it with just a a breaker bar, torque wrench, and spring compressor. For the rears hold the little silver nut/disk before the nut with a set of large vice grips and then get a breaker bar to loosen up the nut. The rest is easy.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cool_g_83
Ha, I've only checked with one local performance shop to see how much they want to install my Swift Springs and they quoted me $315 (without alignment). That is in Denver tho
Which shop?
Old Jul 19, 2009, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

$275 is not bad. There's an Evo shop near me that charges $85/tire.

I did mine alone (I have a IX though). Rented the spring compressor from Autozone for $53. They refunded the money as soon as I returned the compressor. Had alignment done at Euro-Tire for $144.45 including tax.

Originally Posted by JerseyEvox
so far ive asked a lot fo places for quotes on just installing my eibach pro-kit springs on my x. the price range that i got was $275+ and that doesn't even include the alignment which you have to figure almost $100 in itself, how could the installation cost a lot more than the part lol i mean i know labor and all that bull, but damn. anyone know of a good place around north jersey that would do this for a reasonable price? i would do it myself but i have no knowledge whatsoever about replacing suspension, along with the fact that i don't have a spring compressor. also, if any fellow evo owners around this area could help me out with this installation il get lunch and a six pack

Last edited by rush63; Jul 19, 2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by dongchad
as ive said, you dont need to remove the rear seats in order for you to get to the nuts. just remove the plastic panel inside the trunk and you can see it on each side.
i dont know with you brodah, but for me spring install for that amount is ripping someones pocket off. i had mine installed for $100 in a shop too and only one person did it for less than 2 hrs.
I did mine myself, and it's not a difficult job, just time consuming. Taking out the rear seat is a piece of cake and allows you to grab the shock with hand one while you put the top nuts on. Seeing you had it done, you would not know what I'm talking about.

Quick Reply: Best price for lowering springs installation?? :(