Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Review: Continental ContiExtremeContact All-Seaon tires on Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2009, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review: Continental ContiExtremeContact All-Seaon tires on Evo X

Hi Everyone,
I replaced my stock Yokohama tires with 16k miles on them because they got so loud to the point where they overpowered my BR Quiet Exhaust and I just couldn't stand them anymore.

Since I drive my car in all different climate conditions, I decided to get an all-season tire. Based on the reviews at tire-rack and their cheap cost, I decided to go with the continentals.

Once I had them mounted, the first thing I noticed is that they were a lot quieter than the Yokohamas (thank god). Second thing I noticed is that the turn in wasn't as crisp as the Yokohamas. On the highway, the car holds a straight line better (doesn't follow the grooves in the road as much as the Yokohamas). In the rain, they seem to resist hydroplaning well and seemed very stable.

Overall, I think its a good tire for those who daily driver your cars and don't push them to the max often. Definitely would buy again.

Joe
Old Jul 23, 2009, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

They are awesome in snow. Not the quietest tire out there at all especially when worn but wear like iron, reasonably priced and all around decent. Highly recommended if snow is part of your yearly seasons.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

i love the eagle gt all seasons i got, tread pattern is so much cooler then the contiextremes, lol, the on center feel isnt as great as the Yoko summers but the wet performance is unbelievable
Old Jul 23, 2009, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by mmartahus
i love the eagle gt all seasons i got, tread pattern is so much cooler then the contiextremes, lol, the on center feel isnt as great as the Yoko summers but the wet performance is unbelievable
How are the eagle GT's in the snow?
Old Jul 23, 2009, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ADVANT123
Second thing I noticed is that the turn in wasn't as crisp as the Yokohamas. On the highway, the car holds a straight line better (doesn't follow the grooves in the road as much as the Yokohamas).
Joe
This may just be the difference between high performance tire and all season tires.

Contis make some really good tires. I'm using the sportcontact3 and these tires are great. They gripped, rode, and felt better than all other tires I've felt.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

I maybe looking at the contis then. I had the Pirelli PZero Neros on my STI and they were worse than the stock tires in the snow...
Old Jul 23, 2009, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ADVANT123
How are the eagle GT's in the snow?
havent had them in the snow yet but they are ranked top 3 or top 5 for all categories of an all-season according to tirerack.com