Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

TPMS DIY Tool coming ???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2009, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TPMS DIY Tool coming ???

I just spoke to support representatives at ATEQ and BARTEC, and they have both stated support for the CZ4a TPMS coming in late 09. The good thing about ATEQ is that they are releasing a DIY tool which is less than 150 bucks per this site:

http://www.revolutionsupply.com/quickset.aspx

This tool is already available, just doesn't support the CZ4A yet. ATEQ's website unfortunately does not have much info yet.

If enough of us call these guys to ask about the product, I think we might get it sooner than that. Their number is 734 451 9449 and choose option 1 for sales.

They also have a model called the VT55 which is the equivalent of the Bartec400 Tech tool in a much higher price range (1500 - 1700). But these tools are also expected to support the CZ4A in the same time frame.

So, for the summer set I just bought, I will probably just buy the sensors from a dealer to ensure compatibility and NOT have them programmed for now. 100 for reprogramming is just crazy.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Hmm... this would pay for itself pretty quickly with the ridiculous fees Mitsubishi charges.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subscribing, please keep us updated. It'd be cool if a handful of guys would pick these up and hook up other X owners at meets. A few bucks here or a free beer, I mean coffee there maybe. The dealerships I've called have all wanted far more than I care to part with for this service.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
was just thinking. if you tell the dealership that you swapped out your TPMS to your aftermarket rims and then you got the light, shouldnt they still cover this under warranty?
Old Aug 5, 2009, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by beetle_orange
was just thinking. if you tell the dealership that you swapped out your TPMS to your aftermarket rims and then you got the light, shouldnt they still cover this under warranty?
They will work fine if you swap the sensors to aftermarket rims. The problem is if you want to run two sets of rims (summer vs winter) with two sets of sensors. Each time you want to change wheels, you need to get the dealer to reprogram your car to recognize the other set of 4 sensors. Having a relatively cheap tool to do this would be great! Just get a bunch of local owners to chip in $25 a piece
Old Aug 6, 2009, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

this is exciting I want this tool

Last edited by whitecomet; Aug 6, 2009 at 07:22 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

That way, you'd be paying for the tires mounting everytime you do it!
Old Aug 6, 2009, 01:50 PM

swoooot
Old Aug 6, 2009, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

im just curious but are the sensors alone able to swap over if you get new valve stems? i.e. if you purchased the rays valve stem kit are you able to use the mitsu sensors? TIA
Old Aug 6, 2009, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

No because the TPMS are no longer in OEM Wheels, MAYBE if it was the dealer who put the wheels on then yes, this would be on a dealer to dealer basis.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by lancer0220
No because the TPMS are no longer in OEM Wheels, MAYBE if it was the dealer who put the wheels on then yes, this would be on a dealer to dealer basis.
my tpms came straight from the factory. the new ones i bought for my summer wheels came in a mitsubishi box with a mitsubishi part number.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by MICLOIV
im just curious but are the sensors alone able to swap over if you get new valve stems? i.e. if you purchased the rays valve stem kit are you able to use the mitsu sensors? TIA
I think you need the TPMS nut and grommet built for the unit. It comes separately.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

The part where it says "Input in your sensors ESN's into the software", does that mean I should of wrote down the SN's from each sensor prior to mounting the tires?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

I saw that also. I'd probably write down every number and piece of information legible on the units to prevent having to pull the tires off again. It sounds like that won't help you, but anyone else doing it should probably write them down or take photos.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

As far as I know, a regular TPMS Reset tool can reset it wirelessly and read the ID off it. Pretty sure you dont need to pull out the tire to read this info. Now, whether this tool does it or not is a whole different story.

Quick Reply: TPMS DIY Tool coming ???