Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Alignment question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stokEd
I have the SWIFT Sport Machs and just recently had it aligned at Firestone (Havana and Mississippi in Aurora.) I'll post up the alignment report they gave me later today when I can.
Cool, that would be very helpful! I will wait for this, thanks!

Originally Posted by stokEd
Also, the alignment question came up on Colorado Evo and someone recommended the Firestone off Broadway in Denver, which is owned or managed (can't remember which) by a guy with a modified STi who knows what he's doing.
I may have to make a trip on over there if this is true.

Originally Posted by goofygrin
This is correct.
Great, thanks for reassuring me. You've been very helpful!
Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:11 AM

Answer from a Tech

on the X gsr.mr , the adjustment is as follows Rear TOE and CAMBER is adjustable from the factory adjustment points Front TOE and CAMBER is also adjustable from the factory adjustment points. But on the Front CAMBER you can either put it to a degree or two degrees camber, its either or.
I had Xs come in dropped on just springs of all kinds prokits teins tanabe swift and i was able to achieve great results with aligning the vehicle.
So those shops you went to completely lied to you just to let you know.
IM me if you need some pointers
Old Aug 25, 2009, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cool_g_83
Cool, that would be very helpful! I will wait for this, thanks!
Sorry dude, I've looked all over and it's no where to be found. I'll see if it's in my office tomorrow. I'd really like to find it, I want to get some feedback from people with some experience.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 08:39 AM

If anyone has a printout from a Firestone alignment, can you please scan and upload so I can print it off to show the people who are going to do my alignment?
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:31 PM

South Coast Mitsubishi alignment today

I will update you with the status, first I brought the car in for an alignment due to recent swift spring installation. They said no problem we can adjust it to possible zero camber to fix for daily driving and not track driven performance, then two hours later service advisor called me and said he couldn't do the alignment because he needed alignment bolts? as a noob I said ok then I brought it back three days later and he said he got the washers in, I'm like first you said alignment bolt then you said alignment washers which is it. Then today he asked if he can hold the car over night so he'll take off the washers off of a robispec car to perform the alignement correctly. I'll post the results tomorrow at this point I'm lost with what he's going to do with my car, but I will get a clear definition tomorrow after he's done. Oh and trust me I will pay to get a second definition of what he did to my car, plus I'm just a little upset because when I brought the car in I did not have a front toe problem, when I got it back the first day the toe was off. I was pissed my steering wheel was freakin crooked, but I thought I give him a chance to fix it. I will repost tomorrow when I get the car back tomorrow. Thanks Evolutionm I got a clearer understanding of front toe and rear toe and what can be adjusted!
Old Aug 27, 2009, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
0 camber? WTF man, did you not read the sticky? 0 camber will SUCK! You want -1 all around at the bare minimum.

And in the rear, the camber and toe are adjusted with a bolt with a washer around it. They cost about $20-25 and they do wear out if you've been really rough on the car or have it aligned a lot (I've work out two of the four in a little over a year).
Old Aug 27, 2009, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cool_g_83
If anyone has a printout from a Firestone alignment, can you please scan and upload so I can print it off to show the people who are going to do my alignment?
Got it! Went to Firestone yesterday and got a copy (after some arm twisting ). Coming soon...
Old Aug 27, 2009, 05:08 PM

Sweet, thanks! Toss it up when you get a chance.

I think I'm going to make an appointment for tomorrow (Friday) around 5/5:30 at the Firestone on Broadway (near where I work). Then this weekend I'm going to take some pictures with the new wheels and a friend with an STi.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not an alignment guru, so feedback very welcome.

Old Aug 27, 2009, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

the front left looks a little off/low/unbalanced.

Have you had your suspension apart? I'm betting you didn't put the eccentric bolt back in correctly.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goofygrin
the front left looks a little off/low/unbalanced.

Have you had your suspension apart? I'm betting you didn't put the eccentric bolt back in correctly.
Agreed. I'll check it out ASAP. We took care to get the eccentric bolts lined up properly, but considering how many beers we went through that night...

Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

I put them in funky, that's why I guessed that
Old Aug 27, 2009, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

I didn't know how much negative camber the X has.Before I saw the results,I was thinking -1 is kinda high.I never got to align my car yet so I don't know how high and low camber is supposed to be.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Read the dang sticky -> https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...fications.html

Sheesh.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 04:57 PM

Finally got around to getting an alignment, here are the numbers:

Code:
Front Left                                                           Front Right
Actual  Before                                                       Actual  Before
-0.9    -0.9                      Camber                             -0.8    -0.8
-0.03   -0.35                      Toe                               0.04    -0.03

Rear Left                                                            Rear Right
Actual  Before                                                       Actual  Before
-1.0    -1.7                      Camber                             -1.1    -1.5
0.09    -0.07                       Toe                              0.07    0.01

Quick Reply: Alignment question