Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Alignment question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2009, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hate to ruin things for those that think Camber isnt adj on the evo---wrong--think about it, if you cam adj using a bolt from -1 to -2, you can get a setting in between. If you want more use after market adj camber bolts--cost 20.00 and allow more precise adj. rear is adj also. I lowered my car, have a camber gauge and use it all the time. Toe should be set at 0. Go to a decent alignment shop that does both.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by meckert
Hate to ruin things for those that think Camber isnt adj on the evo---wrong--think about it, if you cam adj using a bolt from -1 to -2, you can get a setting in between. If you want more use after market adj camber bolts--cost 20.00 and allow more precise adj. rear is adj also. I lowered my car, have a camber gauge and use it all the time. Toe should be set at 0. Go to a decent alignment shop that does both.
Have you done an alignment on your car? The adjustment bolt on the front has two positions. Sure you can round it off a bit to get a little between -1 and -2, but there is VERY little adjustment between those two placements. It is not a cam like in the rear, but is a lobed bolt going into an oblong hole.

And I've used the SPC bolts in the front to get more camber (you replace the lower bolt). They work fine at the expense of less clearance on the strut. Also, since they are slightly thinner than stock, there is the potential for breakage. I had them on the track without issue though. Of course, when I went to take them out, I'd put one in a bit wrong and bend a lip into my coilover bracket and had to cut it off
Old Aug 29, 2009, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so the top bolt is not round and when you turn it it will change the camber it is the one that has a white dot is what some one said is that right or does it matter which side the nut is on front or back ?
Old Aug 29, 2009, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cmunro
so the top bolt is not round and when you turn it it will change the camber it is the one that has a white dot is what some one said is that right or does it matter which side the nut is on front or back ?
The top bolt does have a dot, and you can only have it one of two ways (pointing towards or away from the car). I would not change which side the nut it on, just leave it as is and rotate. You can't adjust in between (it's not like the rears). When you take it apart, you will easily see it only has 2 positions to be put in.