Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2009, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position

can anyone recommend these tires? I am looking for ultra high performance all seasons. They get a better rating than eagle gts on tire rack
Old Sep 13, 2009, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Continental Extreme Contacts are fantastic in winter. Got me through blizzards NO problems at all and a decent all around tire. They also last a long time. About $150 ea give or take. Consider them as an option.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

I've been running these tires for 6 months now...good tire.

Quiet on the highway, great traction when dry, good in the snow, OK in the rain, and a 40,000 mile warranty to boot.

Old Sep 14, 2009, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Get those or the Michelin Pilot A/S. Both are great all seasons.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

i've been reading up on them a little as well, still trying to decide between them and advan s.4's
Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:13 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by artnsx
i've been reading up on them a little as well, still trying to decide between them and advan s.4's
I had the Advan S4 on my Scion tC.

They are very good in the dry, pretty decent in the wet, poor in the snow/ice. Once the thread wears a bit, they might as well be a summer tire. I have to say that they lasted me about 1 winter and they were toast for the second winter. But I drove on them year round, they wore nicely. Put about 34k miles on them . No problems.

But not the best tire for the winter.

I am in the same boat get a winter tire or all season tire for Cleveland weather...
Old Sep 14, 2009, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Clipse3GT
I had the Advan S4 on my Scion tC.

They are very good in the dry, pretty decent in the wet, poor in the snow/ice. Once the thread wears a bit, they might as well be a summer tire. I have to say that they lasted me about 1 winter and they were toast for the second winter. But I drove on them year round, they wore nicely. Put about 34k miles on them . No problems.

But not the best tire for the winter.

I am in the same boat get a winter tire or all season tire for Cleveland weather...
Yea...I wanted to avoid the winter tire set up so am looking for a year rounder
Old Sep 14, 2009, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Guru
Continental Extreme Contacts are fantastic in winter. Got me through blizzards NO problems at all and a decent all around tire. They also last a long time. About $150 ea give or take. Consider them as an option.
I have these as well, but I wouldn't run them year around; they take the edge off.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

I've run these on my IX for almost 2 years and they have been a great all season tire. I also have the Continental Extreme Contacts on my Eclipse. General impression is the Bridgestone is a better tire but take that for what it's worth considering how different the two cars are. If you're looking for an all season tire that will last a lot of miles with decent performance then I could recommend either one. There is a huge dry performance deficit though compared to just about any summer performance tire so if you're switching from the stock Advans, be ready for a significant decrease in dry traction.

If you can swing it, I recommend running two sets of wheels and tires. One set for summer and one set of all seasons for inclement weather or actual snow tires if you live in an area that would call for them.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Running Goodyear Eagle F1 All Seasons...they worked well for me when we had a massive amount of snow dumped on us. Of course, no where as good as a real snow tire, but definitely leaps and bounds ahead of using a summer tire in winter

verkion
Old Sep 16, 2009, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by verkion
Running Goodyear Eagle F1 All Seasons...they worked well for me when we had a massive amount of snow dumped on us. Of course, no where as good as a real snow tire, but definitely leaps and bounds ahead of using a summer tire in winter

verkion
Those are very loud tires for an All Season, for some reason, they tend to chop as well.