Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Troubles... troubles.... troubles......

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2009, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Troubles... troubles.... troubles......

so i just go my eibach springs installed and as i was leaving the place i noticed a very irritating uncomforting sound coming from my rear passenger side. I pulled over checked what i could and didnt notice any problems. Any time i pass over a bump itmakes a loud metal to metal sound and i have to have them check it out in the morning. I did notice though that the rear passenger side isn't as dropped as the rear driver side. Were the springs put on incorrectly? I need some suggestions as to what to look for in the morning!

On a side note, i realized my service engine soon light was on. I'm at 13.5k miles, is it normal or should i look into it?

*i reposted here b/c im not sure how to delete the one in general*
Old Oct 1, 2009, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take the car right back to the shop that installed the springs and have them look into it.

As for the SES light, have a shop or a local auto parts store (Autozone, etc.) pull the code for you and let us know what it is to help figure out how serious it is.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Just a guess here, but check that corner to ensure the spring was installed the correct way up...

Service engine light- check your owners manual. It goes over the procedure for resetting the service interval reminder.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

I have the Eibach springs also, but I am replacing them ASAP. I should of listened to the other guys that didnt like them.