Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

So I want to get springs for my EvoX...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2009, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do all you guys think about going with works springs they are the only set that keeps the factory rake.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 12:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoX777
What do all you guys think about going with works springs they are the only set that keeps the factory rake.
I like em. People rave about Swift, maybe they are great, but unless you have done back to back on the same car with the same struts, how can you tell? Here's my car on Works:

Old Dec 24, 2009, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

Lowkey, I don't see the picture of your car on Works springs. Did you link it or post it?

AlienEvoX - did your swift springs drop the ride height even more since November, or stay like in your posted pictures? If so, any new side pics you could post?

Last edited by Farmerbob; Dec 24, 2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Farmerbob
Lowkey, I don't see the picture of your car on Works springs. Did you link it or post it?

AlienEvoX - did your swift springs drop the ride height even more since November, or stay like in your posted pictures? If so, any new side pics you could post?
I think it has stayed mostly the same, if it has changed I really cant see a big difference by just looking at it

I love the ride height this way though its very liveable and still feels great in the corners
Old Dec 24, 2009, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

AlienX, someone posted their review of Swift springs with the MR suspension and said that they car rolled MORE now in the corners b/c the dynamics of the center of gravity had been changed, and the stock shocks weren't meant to work with lowered springs. Is this your experience, or does the car handle bumps, turn-in, handle flat, better now with the Swift springs?
Old Dec 24, 2009, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The pic is on a album here on EvoM that I linked to. Had it as a private album maybe that's why it was not visible. Can you see it now?
Old Dec 24, 2009, 11:45 AM

AlienX, someone posted their review of Swift springs with the MR suspension and said that they car rolled MORE now in the corners b/c the dynamics of the center of gravity had been changed, and the stock shocks weren't meant to work with lowered springs. Is this your experience, or does the car handle bumps, turn-in, handle flat, better now with the Swift springs?
to the you the truth the car feel mor planted than it did with the stock suspension

also I do feel less body roll although I cant really say for sure until I take it to the track again, I had gone to 2 events with stock suspension but none with the new one

it does feel more flat and doesnt roll as much compared to stock, but again havent tested it on the track yet