Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

2 tires to match with Stock Advan A13C's

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2009, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 tires to match with Stock Advan A13C's

I damaged two of my tires today. (Hit a curb and ripped through the sidewall all the way to the wire mesh)

I'm looking to replace only two tires as I would prefer not to pay the $331 which tirerack is asking for the A13C's.

Could you please give me some suggestions as to what would be a similar match? Could I run the Advan Neova AD08's or S.drives along side the 2 stock tires?

Or would I be better off just buying a set of 4 of a different brand at a more reasonable cost?
Old Oct 13, 2009, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by koffee
I damaged two of my tires today. (Hit a curb and ripped through the sidewall all the way to the wire mesh)

I'm looking to replace only two tires as I would prefer not to pay the $331 which tirerack is asking for the A13C's.

Could you please give me some suggestions as to what would be a similar match? Could I run the Advan Neova AD08's or S.drives along side the 2 stock tires?

Or would I be better off just buying a set of 4 of a different brand at a more reasonable cost?
If it were me I'd go for a set of the AD08s. The AD08s are supposed to be one of best street tires on the market.

Replacing only two of the tires isn't really option with AWD unless the two undamaged tires are almost brand new. The issue is having different rolling diameters puts stress on your diffs. Even if the new replacement tires have the same rolling diameter as the stockers, different tires wear differently, so it would still be a problem unless you replaced them with the $$$ OEM tires.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

I just ran into the same problem, but only damaged one tire. Luckily had a warranty for tire and rims from my dealer, sounds like you don't have that. So I took that money and bought 4 goodyear eagle F1s A/S. Couldn't be happier with these tires. I paid $200/tire installed.

To bad you aren't closer, I still have 3 stock tires just sitting in my shed.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by stokEd
Replacing only two of the tires isn't really option with AWD unless the two undamaged tires are almost brand new.
One of them has less than 200 miles on it; the other has less than 4500. They both have good tread.

I just got one replaced under warranty because of some huge shard of metal that was lodged in the center of it. Understandably curb damage isn't covered.

Any one else running two different types of tires? Bad idea? okay? This would certainly be the cheaper option.

The other two options would be breaking down and buy the two A13C's for ~660 or grab a set of 4 of something else.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by OZ_2435
To bad you aren't closer, I still have 3 stock tires just sitting in my shed.
I moved less than a year ago from MD to FL. :-/ You might want to try to re-sell those tires locally; they aren't cheap!
Old Oct 13, 2009, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

running 2 different tread patterns wont hurt much in dry weather... but if theres rain you may run into problems. the tread mainly helps irrigate water so if you have differing tread patterns your car may not act normally while driving. Also you may experience more noise and harsher ride if you use differing patterns as well.

I'd recommend replacing all 4 buuuut.... IF you must, keep the front 2 the same and the back 2 the same....

oh btw... S. Drives are GREAT in the wet conditions. Yes the Advan Neovas are one of the best street tires but if you're just dd'ing the car the S.Drives will more than do what you need. The Advan Neova's are more for people who like to hit the track with their cars =P

Last edited by LiQuIdCrAzN; Oct 13, 2009 at 07:51 PM.