Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

OEM MR rims + TPMS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2009 | 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

OEM MR rims + TPMS

how durable are these rims? has anyone used them through the winter with lots of salt and snow on roads? i'm thinking about just taking them off my stock tires and putting them on the winter tires i'm about to buy. will save me at least $850 on buying new rims.

also, the dealer wants $500 for a new set of tpms sensors. $250 to take the ones off stock tires and put onto winter tires. not worth it really. can i ride safely without the sensors for the entire winter season? will the gauge display hassle me about missing tpms sensors or is it just an icon that pops up like i read in the manual? cheers!
Old Oct 27, 2009 | 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

I have a GSR and this will be my first winter with it, so I definitely can't talk to the durability. You can get TPMS sensors quite a bit cheaper through tire rack and other places, but I think you either need to buy the tool to link the TPMS to the car or pay the dealer to do it. My local dealer wanted around $100 for this.