Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Wheel specs to mount 275/35 18" tire?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2010, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Wheel specs to mount 275/35 18" tire?

Hi,

I want to mount a size 275/35 18" tire all the way around. Looking at the Wheel Offset Fitment Chart generously provided here, it seems that a 18x10.0 ET35 is the best way to go. According to the chart this fitment makes the rim extend +22mm towards the fender, and +16mm towards the shock.

Looks like fender clearence is okay in front, and the rear needs to be rolled a little by 3mm. However, it seems that there will be clearance problems with the front strut, where there is only 13mm of space (rear = 22mm space). So, looks like this fitment extendeds 3mm too far towards the shock in the front.

So:

1. If I change out to coilovers, will that help with the front shock clearance? (I'm not sure which part of the oem shock is the limiting factor here, but coilovers tend to be skinnier.)

2. Any other suggestions for fitment? I don't mind rolling the rear fenders as there is no liner, but I don't really want to mess with the front. I also don't mind going more extreme on camber, as I would set up for the track.

Thanks for your help!
Old Feb 1, 2010, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This has been covered quite a few times already...

Roll the rear. Get 18x10 or 18x10.5 +15ish wheels (or some combination with spacers). Run -1.5*+ in the rear and -2*+ in the front.

You're going to have rubbing up front (full lock, the fender liner).

I can't say re: clearance to the strut, but with my setup (coilovers, getting the camber at the knuckle, not with camber plates), I am pretty close to the strut.