Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Fender Clearancing of Volk TE37 18"x9.5" +22, Z1's 275x35 at Muellerized!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2010, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phillyexox
haha wow crazy low man. that looks great!
p.s. stay out of pa also cause you wont make it out of here either.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 12:05 PM
Account Disabled

Lmao
Old Mar 7, 2010, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Seems like a lot of work since everyone says that 265's clear without mods.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

post some wide shots of the car
Old Mar 7, 2010, 04:09 PM

Can't wait to see pics of this beauty on the ground. Looks so sick.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 01:53 AM
Evolving Member

Some people just do not know how to read....

Clearance looks good! Mueller definitely does good work!
Old Mar 8, 2010, 02:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I still don't get it. I read everything, full range of motion checked, etc etc... BUT, literally half the forum runs exactly the same setup - or slightly smaller meaning:
18x9,5 +22 with 265/35/18's.

Half of them run Eibach springs which lower the car a ton.

All of them say "No fitment issues, no rubbing, no WHATEVER".

So why was all this fender work, insane camber testing and full compression measurment required? Or well, why work on it if it fits in the first place?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 04:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Toxin
I still don't get it. I read everything, full range of motion checked, etc etc... BUT, literally half the forum runs exactly the same setup - or slightly smaller meaning:
18x9,5 +22 with 265/35/18's.

Half of them run Eibach springs which lower the car a ton.

All of them say "No fitment issues, no rubbing, no WHATEVER".

So why was all this fender work, insane camber testing and full compression measurment required? Or well, why work on it if it fits in the first place?
Hi Toxin,

As you can see in the first photo, this combo WILL hit the fender. It sticks out about 1cm or so. At the time, the rears had ~-1.3 of camber. I have a feeling that 265 does hit the fender, but for some reason people aren't reporting it as so. I dunno man--I was really surprised too. I thought it would have been just a tiny bit of rolling for the same reason you citer, but they ended up knocking the fender out quite a bit to fit this. But I saw with my own eyes, and you can see from the pics, the combo clears perfectly now. I ended up with ~-2.4 front camber and ~-1.4 rear on Muellerized springs, OEM top hats. If I were you, I'd still have the fenders cleared for 265's.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by St1g
Hi Toxin,

As you can see in the first photo, this combo WILL hit the fender. It sticks out about 1cm or so. At the time, the rears had ~-1.3 of camber. I have a feeling that 265 does hit the fender, but for some reason people aren't reporting it as so. I dunno man--I was really surprised too. I thought it would have been just a tiny bit of rolling for the same reason you citer, but they ended up knocking the fender out quite a bit to fit this. But I saw with my own eyes, and you can see from the pics, the combo clears perfectly now. I ended up with ~-2.4 front camber and ~-1.4 rear on Muellerized springs, OEM top hats. If I were you, I'd still have the fenders cleared for 265's.
Well I'm getting 265/35/18 on 18x9,5 with 28 offset which should give me 11 mm more clearance than you have (5mm from the tire width on each side and 6mm from the offset directly). I'll post pics when it's on the car. Btw 2,4 degrees of front camber look really brutal on there

Last edited by Toxin; Mar 8, 2010 at 06:09 AM.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by St1g
Hi Toxin,

Tires differ from brand to brand. Some wont rub at 265 (most will). IMO going anything wider than stock should get a their fenders rolled. It will save you from head aches in the future..
Old Mar 8, 2010, 07:26 AM

I ran 18x9.5" +20 with 265/35/18 Star Specs and and they rubbed like crazy in the rear (-1.5 camber with coilovers). The Star Specs are wider than some tires so that exacerbates the issue.

Some people have rose-tinted glasses for their new parts and don't want to admit that they are anything but perfect. But load up their car with people and watch the tires get shredded.

OP: Nice work, those are gonna look awesome.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

When I had my 18x9.5 +20 with 265/35/18 tires, they rubbed in the rear if I had passengers in the back and over major bumps. Didn't have it rub ever without passengers.... on Eibach prokit springs.

BTW Nice job on the car, looks great, can we see full shots?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

I guess I'll just do mine now before the wheels even get here... Since it seems it'll either rub or be too close to feel comfortable...

Now if I can get someone in my country who has done this... :/
Old Mar 8, 2010, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay, I'm running AME TM02 in 18X9.5 +22 with 265 35 18 RE-11 on a stock suspension and I have ABSOLUTELY no issues in my last year of driving. I do push the car enough on corners and I have not seen anything, nada. In-fact I just checked my car before writing this post since all you guys had me scared with "265's are gonna rub no matter what" and other statements. I have atleast a 1cm room when the tires are turned full lock either way as well.

Old Mar 8, 2010, 09:56 AM

Stock suspension should be ok. Looks you dodged the bullet on the front fender liner. As the car gets lower you will run into issues. I ended up raising the rear from my initial coilover setting (still lower than stock) because it was rubbing too much. Even after the change it would rub over big bumps and with passengers in the back seats. I should have rolled my rear fenders and modded the front liner but I bought new wheels instead.

Quick Reply: Fender Clearancing of Volk TE37 18"x9.5" +22, Z1's 275x35 at Muellerized!!!