Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Which Coilovers: BC BR or Agility

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2010, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stance LX+
Old Apr 5, 2010, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dsmwin
Not sure if I would consider AMR's to be up there, did some research as I was researching coilovers, they've been compared to function/form, PIC, and other 1k coilovers on honda forums, and speaking about other forums, he's been banned from G20 forums, for his business practices and abrasive attitude it seems...
I have not tried his COs but there are a couple of members who I respect that have his stuff and are happy. He custom makes his own and they are made to order. I know one member has used them for rally racing and was happy with durability and ride.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by jimm
I have not tried his COs but there are a couple of members who I respect that have his stuff and are happy. He custom makes his own and they are made to order. I know one member has used them for rally racing and was happy with durability and ride.
Not sure made to order means, because many companies now are made to order, even the topic here, both Agility and BC, you can get custom spring rates and valving for it.
Like I said, I've researched them on other forums, and his stuff seems like any other JDM company except the worrisome part to me is that he's been banned from another forum for his business practice (something that I'll doubt you'll see from AST, KW, HKS, Eibach, etc, etc). Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Anyhoo, it appears that OP chose Swifts, good decision!
Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes, we carry Agility's with custom spring rates and valving, with available upgrades with Swift springs
Old Apr 6, 2010, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dsmwin
Not sure made to order means, because many companies now are made to order, even the topic here, both Agility and BC, you can get custom spring rates and valving for it.
Like I said, I've researched them on other forums, and his stuff seems like any other JDM company except the worrisome part to me is that he's been banned from another forum for his business practice (something that I'll doubt you'll see from AST, KW, HKS, Eibach, etc, etc). Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Anyhoo, it appears that OP chose Swifts, good decision!

Might be able to get custom spring rates but BC and Agility basically use the same parts and mix and match to make the coilovers for different cars regardless of the characteristics needed. I know AMR uses quality materials....I don't have them so take it from Robevo RS: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-test-day.html, https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...brake-kit.html

Last edited by jimm; Apr 6, 2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 08:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jimm
Might be able to get custom spring rates but BC and Agility basically use the same parts and mix and match to make the coilovers for different cars regardless of the characteristics needed. I know AMR uses quality materials....I don't have them so take it from Robevo RS: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-test-day.html, https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...brake-kit.html

That's not news to anyone? Companies mix and match to save on cost, car manufacturers mix and match parts to save on cost.

Regarding AMR, I have to go back to my associates again, we were at SEMA and met the Taiwan manufacturer that they use, and they're not even ISO9001 compliant (quality assurance) unlike most others that are sold here, so I highly doubt their quality material is better than others.