Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Which Coilovers: BC BR or Agility

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2010, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Coilovers: BC BR or Agility

They both look to be budget coils, which is where I am in price. I have close to a thousand to spend and I really don't want to buy springs. Here is a link to the Agility coils. I know there new to the scene but I have seen good reviews on other cars like the infinity g20 forums. Any input on these would be great. The guy who started the thread I put a link to is a real nice guy and super fast responding.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...vers-evox.html

I just want a little feedback from all of you knowledgeable forum members on this decision. I have done a fair amount of search function on these forums and many others and have found mixed reviews on the BC coilovers but not much on the Agility ones. Thank you all for your incite and help.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 11:42 PM
Evolved Member

Stance GR+ Pro.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 07:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am looking into the agility coilovers.. How soon are you looking to buy? I am getting mine within the next month or 2.. I will let you know how they fair on the track as well as on the roads.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by prodigy1210
I am looking into the agility coilovers.. How soon are you looking to buy? I am getting mine within the next month or 2.. I will let you know how they fair on the track as well as on the roads.
I'm looking to buy now. I just have a problem making decisions. lol
Old Apr 4, 2010, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by aftershock141
Stance GR+ Pro.
They are about 300-600 over my budget. Thanks for your input though.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Save your money until you can afford better ones. Plenty of ~1700-2000 coilovers that are higher quality. (KWs, new AST, AMR...even hypermaxs) YOu are only talking 500-700 more for much better quality.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

I have a buddy who runs BC coils and loves them. I think they are a great buy for the quality.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 11:49 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by jimm
Save your money until you can afford better ones. Plenty of ~1700-2000 coilovers that are higher quality. (KWs, new AST, AMR...even hypermaxs) YOu are only talking 500-700 more for much better quality.
I second that and throw endura-tech into the mix. Check them out, they are not much more than BC's and well worth it for build quality and ride comfort.

http://www.endura-tech.com/
Old Apr 4, 2010, 03:09 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Save your money... the coilover systems around $1000 are not very good. I've ran BC Type BR and Megan Racing Street/Track ... both are good when new but wear out fast.

Around 2K, most of the coilovers are very good. People talk crap about Tein but the Tein Monoflex is excellent - another one to consider about $2K. The $1K Teins are not so great. I personally like my HKS.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 05:02 PM

I'm actually considering this as well,.. at first I was considering KW's, but I think I'm okay with this coilovers, been in a car with 2k coilovers, and 1k coilovers, and to be honest, I rather spend the difference on something else.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 05:07 PM

Well I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. I knew when I started this thread it was gonna be like save your money and get the high dollar ones, but in all honesty its not the money its just my DD. Ill never track it, So looks like ill just go with springs. Thanks for all the responses.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by zeroescence
Well I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. I knew when I started this thread it was gonna be like save your money and get the high dollar ones, but in all honesty its not the money its just my DD. Ill never track it, So looks like ill just go with springs. Thanks for all the responses.
haha, yeah, the obvious question in this thread is what was your purpose in getting coilovers?

mine is lowering it to the way I want, can't get the same 'look' with springs that I've seen
Old Apr 4, 2010, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zeroescence

Honestly, the fact you want it for a DD is MORE reason to get better coilovers. The cheap ones are designed for "one size fits all". They use the same basic parts for every car and often just throw the springs and struts together. Additionally, they wear out fast to the point you have to run them at full siff all the time. Most have limited stut travel meaning you ride on the bump stops half the time. All this adds up to a crappy ride quality. Something you might not care about if you are just autocrossing the car and want full stiff all the time.

Around 2k is the cheapest you can expect to pay for anything that approaches a decent ride and does not rattle (KWs, AMR, HKS and ASTs can either use the OEM perches or have OEM like perches instead of pillowmounts...others might also but I know those can be fitted that way).

You would be better off going with MR Bilsteins and having them revalved for swift or works springs. Can;t change the ride hieght etc but you will have a much better ride and it will handle better than $1000 coilovers.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by jimm
Around 2k is the cheapest you can expect to pay for anything that approaches a decent ride and does not rattle (KWs, AMR, HKS and ASTs can either use the OEM perches or have OEM like perches instead of pillowmounts...others might also but I know those can be fitted that way).
Not sure if I would consider AMR's to be up there, did some research as I was researching coilovers, they've been compared to function/form, PIC, and other 1k coilovers on honda forums, and speaking about other forums, he's been banned from G20 forums, for his business practices and abrasive attitude it seems...
Old Apr 5, 2010, 06:17 AM

Well I'm gonna just go with swift springs as they are the ones that have been recommended many times. This forum is a wealth of information. Thank you all.

Quick Reply: Which Coilovers: BC BR or Agility