Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Cheap Shoes for the GSR?!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CC16
I'm using Sumitomo HTRs. Theyre around $90 a piece I think. They've been kicking it for 18k miles with some meat left. They had some negligible understeer going into a corner but were all game mid corner and exit. There is nothing wrong with cheaper tires on a $35k performance car so long as they're up to speed rating and performance themselves. Thats like saying you can't wear a cheap belt with designer jeans. Why not? Serving the same purpose at half the price. I have no reason to buy $300+ tires every 12k miles. But hey, smoke em if you got em.
Here Here.

Like it or not unless you are in it to win it every time you sit down in the car there is absolutely no reason you can't buy a reasonably priced tire for the X. As long as the tires have the proper speed rating the rock out with your *@#) out. When I replaced my Advans I bought a nice cheap ($57 per) set of tires for my daily driven X. Those tires have been driven approximately 13000 miles, spent approximately 23 hours on the dyno and made app 40 launches at the local drag strip. Based on the current ware patterns I will likely get another 20k out of these tires.

Just because there cheap doesnt mean they are not good.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gump
Here Here.

Like it or not unless you are in it to win it every time you sit down in the car there is absolutely no reason you can't buy a reasonably priced tire for the X. As long as the tires have the proper speed rating the rock out with your *@#) out. When I replaced my Advans I bought a nice cheap ($57 per) set of tires for my daily driven X. Those tires have been driven approximately 13000 miles, spent approximately 23 hours on the dyno and made app 40 launches at the local drag strip. Based on the current ware patterns I will likely get another 20k out of these tires.

Just because there cheap doesnt mean they are not good.
My sentiments exactly.